Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Friday, March 28, 2008

Day 28: Chung Kiwa Korean BBQ Restaurant Redux - Los Angeles (Koreatown)

Driving on the 10 freeway, past downtown LA at dusk, on our way to Koreatown.
Day 28 Driving Past Downtown LA at Dusk
Continuing on with our revisits. Hmm. How come we can say revisiting but not reduxing? Hehe. :P Lil' sis, the oldest '87, the oldest '88, and I were gonna try to a new Korean barbecue restaurant. It was an hour wait though, so we opted to go to an old favorite. For close-ups of all the panchan (Korean side dishes), read my original post on Chung Kiwa Korean BBQ Restaurant in Los Angeles (Koreatown) and another Chung Kiwa revisit with lil' sis and her best friend.
Day 28 Chung Kiwa Korean BBQ Restaurant Redux - Los Angeles (Koreatown)
This time we got the choice galbi (short ribs), $22.99, and daeji bulgogi (Korean spicy pork), $18.99. While tasty, if you can afford it, I'd say splurge for the $29.99 black Angus galbi, it really does taste better. And one minor annoyance, we were charged for rice. I hate it when Asian restaurants do that. I'm not sure if this is a new charge, or if it was because we didn't order the black Angus meat, but just thought I'd give ya'll a heads up. Chung Kiwa Korean BBQ Restaurant 3545 W. Olympic Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90019 323-737-0809 ***** 1 year ago today, a 10 lb glut of tomatoes means balsamic vinaigrette for salads.

9 comments:

  1. Hee hee. I work right next to that airport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are days that I start to crave Korean bbq like nothing else. The places here give maybe 4 or 5 banchan at most -- kinda pathetic, really. It just cannot compare to LA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CP,
    Is there an airport there? I never noticed. I thought you worked in El Segundo?

    Christine,
    Hey, 4 or 5 is pretty good for Michigan! If you're ever in Chicago, the Korean restaurants on Lawrence are good. Otherwise, in my index of how to's, I have a how to throw a Korean bbq at home with lots of recipes for meats and banchan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thats a lot of banchan! *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy,
    Yes, that's one this is one of my favorite restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah talk about a pet peeve charging for rice when the dang meat is pricey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bill,
    I wonder if it's b/c I didn't order the black Angus beef this time? I don't remember being charged for rice before? Still, I hate when Asian places charge you for rice. It should be a given!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went here on your recommendation! Everyone loved it. Dduk bo ssam is yummmmy! My fellow bridal party members and I are going here before the wedding, I hope we'll still all fit in our outfits the next day, haha. Food babies, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeannie,
    You didn't tell me you went here! I'm glad you liked it but I can't believe you'd go pig out on Korean bbq before a wedding! Man! To be skinny again. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!