Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Day 5: Penne with "Italian Sausage" with Fennel

I often squish Italian sausage out of its casing when I make pasta, this recipe gives the same flavor with less work.
Day 5 Penne with Italian Sausage with Fennel
Penne with "Italian Sausage" with Fennel For several servings, you'll need: About 8 oz or half a bag of penne pasta 1/2 lb ground pork 1/2 onion, diced 1 tsp fennel seeds 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp or more crushed red pepper 1 24-oz jar of pasta sauce of your choice Parmesan cheese for topping Boil penne pasta until al dente and drain in colander. Saute diced onion until softened. Add 1/2 lb ground pork, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper. When the pork is fully cooked, drain out excess fat. For ease, I move the meat over to one side of the pan and wad up paper towels to absorb the grease. Add as much pasta sauce as you'd like. Stir to mix thoroughly. Add penne pasta. Toss. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy! I'm submitting this recipe to Festa Italiana, a celebration of Italian dishes and drinks, hosted by Maryann of Finding La Dolce Vita and Proud Italian Cook. ***** 1 year ago today, I was only halfway through piecing the top of my sushi and dim sum quilt.

8 comments:

  1. Great job on the penne, I love Italian sausage with fennel in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo is definitely altering my dinner plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter,
    Thanks! I love fennel, raw or seeds.

    Nikki,
    Hehe. I know how susceptible you are to food suggestions. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining us with this delicious dish for our Festa Italiana, can't wait to try it! thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi wandering chopsticks!
    Everyone will be digging into this at the festa ;)Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!