Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Day 27: The Boiling Crab Redux - Alhambra

Lil' sis has been home for spring break (Yay!) so we've been revisiting all the places she can't get where she's going to school. Yes, we hit up Bollini's Pizzeria Napolitana again and I've added in a picture of our half Salsiccia 3, half Cal Bianco pizza. If you missed it, read my original post on The Boiling Crab, and another visit where I finally got to eat Dungeness crabs. The menu now also features fried catfish and shrimp baskets, and fried oysters. 1 dozen oysters $13.99.
Day 27 Boiling Crab Redux - Alhambra 1
2 lbs of crawfish, includes 1 piece of corn and 2 pieces of sausage, $7.99/lb.
Day 27 Boiling Crab Redux - Alhambra 2
1 lb of shrimp, $8.99/lb.
Day 27 Boiling Crab Redux - Alhambra 3
Cajun fries, $2.99.
Day 27 Boiling Crab Redux - Alhambra 4
No Dungeness crabs that night. :( I've tried the blue crabs once. Too little meat for too much work. Also, the mild is now very mild. So upgrade to medium if you're looking for a slight kick. They also now offer sweet potato fries. The Boiling Crab 742 W. Valley Blvd. Alhambra, CA 91803 626-576-9368 Monday to Friday 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday 12 noon to 10 p.m. ***** 1 year ago today, step two of how to start quilting. C'mon, you know you wanna. Assembling your quilt: Measuring margins, ironing, and piecing.

7 comments:

  1. That photo of the oysters is kicking my butt! They look amazing.

    I realize now that my mission in life is to find a way to live near the ocean :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These restaurant and recipes redux are great. Mmm, I love those cajun fried dipped in the crawfish seasonings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine,
    You did live near the ocean, then you moved away. :P

    Christine D.,
    This particular night, there was so much seasoning that it dripped all over my hands. I'm glad you're enjoying the reduxes (is that a word?), saves me the writing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only been to boiling crab once, but I absolutely love that place! It's a terrible terrible shame that shellfish is so high in cholesterol, otherwise I'd eat there a lot more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvin,
    I know. :( I so love shellfish too. We're here almost every time my little sister comes home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry to break it to you but those oysters you see are gulf oysters (aka GOLD BAND) those are not live oysters. they are processed oysters (aka dead). it gives a clean flavor but they are NOT live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink Top,
    I didn't say anything about "live." I just said oysters. Unless they've just been hauled up from the ocean, I'm not even sure how one would find "live" oysters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!