Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day 12: Banh It (Vietnamese Rice Dumplings with Mung Beans, Pork, and Shrimp)

A year ago, someone asked me for a recipe for these. I haven't gotten around to it yet because my family always keeps me well-supplied with food. Case in point. Last weekend, one of my cousins knocked on my door. My youngest uncle had sent over banh it (Vietnamese rice dumplings with mung beans, pork, and shrimp). You can see the inside from the last time my uncle gave me banh it.

Day 12 Banh It 

*****  
1 year ago today, it wasn't summer yet, but I could pretend it was by drinking an icy glass of Sinh To Ca Chua (Vietnamese Tomato Shake).

7 comments:

  1. MY FAVORITE!!! Is there a decent place for buying these in the SG Valley?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave,
    My uncle gets them from someone who makes them at home. For a restaurant version, look at my post on Quan Hy. Other than that, you can find banh it at most VNese to-go places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My uncle never gave me banh it! Or any good food for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm these are good! But after a while I get tired of mung bean. Too beany, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoRC,
    Stick around. You'll see my family gives me lots of food.

    Jeannie,
    This didn't have too much and the mung beans were mashed so it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We put shrimp and pork, the same filling from banh bot loc and it tastes a lot better than just mung bean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drama filled world,
    It doesn't just have mung bean. The description clearly says "mung beans, pork, and shrimp."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!