Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Day 1: Ca Ri Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Curry)

Blah! I can't seem to shake whatever's been going around this winter. Coughing all the time and being fuzzy-headed is no fun. :( I don't think it's just me. Seems to be a general blog malaise going around the internet? So here's the deal. I know some of you check in each day. Thanks for that! But I'm literally sick and tired. So instead of taking an extended blog break (Because I'll surely miss you all if I do, and perhaps you'll miss me?), I'm taking a page from SouleMama and doing a month of mostly photos. Although, yes, I did make ca ri ga (Vietnamese chicken curry) yesterday. And yes, it was very good. :) Quick question. I'm butting up against my Blogger photo limit and have been toying with Flickr. Which of these photo sizes do you like better? Or do you prefer the old Blogger photos like in all other posts?
Day 1 Ca Ri Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Curry)
Day 1 Ca Ri Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Curry)
I have no idea how this will pan out, but I really could use a break from writing. Hopefully this gives me a chance to craft some nice posts, finish some blog organization, and have time for some real life stuff I need to take care of too. Think of it as a preview for the next month. So for the month of March, perhaps my blog will be real-time and I'll put up photos of food on the same day or the day after I actually eat it? Maybe I'll cull from my long, long queue and show off some pretty food pictures that I haven't gotten around to writing down the recipe yet. Drop a note if you really, really want the recipe and I'll move it up the queue. Same goes for some restaurants that I just haven't gotten around to posting about yet. And maybe I'll sprinkle in some crafting and gardening pictures that I don't feel like writing about but want documented for my own edification. I noticed that ya'll have been using my indexes so that makes all the time I spent organizing it worth it. If you're tired of looking at only photos, and you haven't checked it out yet, you can see the complete index of recipes and restaurants. So forgive? Although really, I hope I'll just whet your appetite with some of the stuff I've been holding out on. What can I say? Sometimes it seems to take too much time to churn out a post, and you didn't come here to read the "I saw this, so I made this" type of post, did you? ***** 1 year ago today, my basic marinade for Vietnamese chicken or pork.

12 comments:

  1. I was going to make chicken curry tomorrow and here it is on you blog today. Gotta have banh mi with ca ri :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks yummy! and I love that the vietnamese eat many of their dishes with baguette...baguette with curry is sooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get better! How is it that all the bloggers are sick? Is it contagious? If the malaise is about exhaustion - take a break from blogging, refresh yourself and come back. You have many loyal followers who will forgive a hiatus. Hell, people seem to forgive me mine and I sometimes don't even let them know (because I sometimes don't know they're going to happen!) I've got you on RSS, so I always know when you update!

    I love your index. I need to rummage around in it more, and maybe report back if I cook anything!

    No peas in your ca ri?!

    I prefer the bigger picture, but that's because I'm very very short-sighted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi WC - Hope you're feeling better soon. Maybe the herbs and spices in the curry will help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hullo, hope you'll get better soon. Drink some hot lemonade with honey, that seemed to do the trick for me :) I think I still have plenty of your recipes to try out while you're off. Did you not use sweet potatoes in curry? Anyway take care. x
    P.S: I prefer the bigger picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WC, I'm sorry to hear you've been unwell. That's no fun when the weather's beautiful and you have Things To Do! You already have such a fabulous backlog of recipes and reviews, you could do what some bloggers do from time to time: repost them from the archives.

    In any event, I hope you get better soon and take the time you need for yourself.

    Of course, as far as photos go, bigger is always appreciated!

    p.s., with two crazy cats and an awakening garden, I don't have blog malaise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could use some ca ri ga right now! I'm just getting over the damn bug you're talking about. I rarely get sick and when I do, I don't handle it very well! I hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. From WoRC:
    Hi WC,
    We noticed your comment page is different and we unable to send through our comment on your beautiful curry. So we'll just send it to you directly:
    We like the extra large portions of the pictures please!! Love the black against the curry and your crusty banh mi! Hope you feel better and we look forward to your new changes! :)

    WoRC,
    There's an open ID option where you can input your website info and comment so that your name will link back to your webpage.

    Sorry, I took off the anonymous option b/c I was tired of too many spam messages and random snarky commenters. The Open ID option should be better for you though!

    Thanks for the compliment!

    Christine,
    Great minds think alike? :)

    Alexandra,
    I love dipping the bread in the curry sauce.

    Oanh,
    I think it's both. Sick and burnout. I love finding out when you cook some of my recipes. And I've never heard of peas in VNese ca ri. Just carrots and potatoes.

    Jeremy,
    Thanks for the input.

    Kirk,
    Thanks for your concern.

    Hedgehog,
    Wasn't that my tip for you? ;) No sweet potatoes, I had a big bag of regular potatoes.

    Nikki,
    I know you don't. It's nice seeing new pics every day when I visit your blog. :)

    Chuck,
    Thanks! I'm such a whiner when I'm sick. Hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ya gotta take care of YOU!

    I'm a newcomer to your blog but I am loving learning about Vietnamese cooking. But my mind is spinning with all the blends and spices and sauces and...

    Take your break and I'll just read your older posts for a while! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really hate to say we are in sync for this but I've also been coughing for the past weeks!
    The 2nd pix seems better. Is that with Flickr. I think my Blogger's limit will run out sooner or later.

    Get well fast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sis,
    Don't worry, as long as you use fish sauce, it's all good. ;)

    Tigerfishy,
    Oh, poor you. :( Yeah, I wish we weren't in sync with this one. I'm about 80% full on my Blogger limit. So far Flickr isn't nearly as hard to navigate as I feared. Let me know if you have questions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!