Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Friday, March 21, 2008

Day 21: Crab, Fish Maw, and Egg Drop, and Chicken Noodle Soup

I was on the phone with my youngest aunt the other day and mentioned that I had been sick. That night, she stopped by and gave me a bowl of crab, fish maw, and egg drop soup. Mmm. (The fish maw is the gelatinous looking substance at the front of the spoon.)
Day 21 Crab, Fish Maw, and Egg Drop Soup
Hmm. Does that mean I'm really Americanized because my sickie soup stand-by was Chicken Noodle Soup?
Day 21 Chicken Noodle Soup
***** 1 year ago today, pho bo (Vietnamese beef noodle soup).

7 comments:

  1. Hope you're better by now. The soup does look a bit like chao doesn't it? Chicken noodle soup is quite soothing as well when you are ill but chao is still the best healer (to me at least :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that soup looks good...have a recipe for it? =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hedgehog,
    I'm better now. Thanks for asking! I've never been a big fan of chao. I eat it, but not often.

    Kooyen,
    It's simple. I don't make it often b/c I always get plenty from my aunties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is this bug that's been going around! Anyhoo, chicken noodle soup is my standby too...prolly b/c I'm not near any Chinese/Vietnamese markets and so I end up shopping at food 4 less in a pinch. No fish maw there, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeannie,
    I don't know but everyone I know has been getting sick pretty frequently this winter! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. the alphabet soup is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!