Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 10: Tabbouleh Cravings

"Who gets cravings for tabbouleh?" Cousin Q asked. Evidently, I do. Am I the only one? I prefer Lebanese-style, heavy on the parsley and tomatoes, light on the bulgur and green onions.
Day 10 Wahib's Tabbouleh
$4.99 for a huge take-out box that totally hit the spot and lasted me through several meals. I ate other stuff too, of course. Which I'll tell you. Eventually. In slightly more than a week, I ate half a dozen different ethnic cuisines. Yes, this really is how I eat. Wahib's Middle East Restaurant and Bakery 910 E. Main Street Alhambra, CA 91801 626-281-1006 Sunday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 a.m. ***** 1 year ago today, I still need to perfect my recipe for Chinese Hot and Sour Soup. More black vinegar, I think.

10 comments:

  1. I love tabbouleh!! It is so fresh and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good!
    I went there last weekend for the first time- and it was good and pretty authentic. The pita bread and roast lamb were very good. But there was something special (ever try it???), which was a stew of beef feet? and parts. Very gelatinous broth and flavorful marrow etc.
    There was also another thing which was a honey puff pastry wrapping around a nut mixture (baklava???). It tasted really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't crave for this BUT love this on my kebabs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginny,
    Yay! I'm not the only one. :)

    Jessy,
    Exactly. I was craving something healthy and green.

    WSL98787,
    I've never tried the feet and marrow thing. I'm happy with their kabobs and lambchops and baklava though.

    Daphne,
    Oh yes, I ordered some kebabs too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I was craving it this week, so I got a container of it from Trader Joe's to tide me over until I make my own this weekend. I like mine extra lemony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wandering Chopsticks:
    It's available on the Sunday Buffet that they have. Don't think it's on the menu though....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine,
    I like things extra-lemony too.

    WSL98787,
    Ah, I haven't tried their Sunday buffet yet but I'll keep my eye out for that dish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a version I would like! I don't like onions. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeannie,
    I like onions but I like them cooked. I don't mind so much if they're very thinly sliced though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!