Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Day 29: Baccali Cafe and Rotisserie Redux (Indonesian Fried Rice) - Alhambra

Also while lil' sis was home we hit up our other favorites -- Carnitas Michoacan in Los Angeles and Baccali Cafe and Rotisserie in Alhambra. Oh how I cringe at that blog post but have been too lazy to re-write it. It was one of my very first entries. I've since supplemented it with photos of all my favorite menu items, but it doesn't really read like my usual style. Anyway, as usual, we ordered beef chow fun with dry soy sauce and chicken wings, and tried the Indonesian fried rice with satay skewers.
Day 29 Baccali Cafe and Rotisserie Redux - Alhambra Indonesian Fried Rice
The fried rice tasted like ketchup fried rice, sadly missing the usual flavors of spices. Which means, I really need to get myself to an Indonesian restaurant so I can have a proper Indonesian listing in my index. So far my only Indonesian item is my interpretation of rujak - Sweet, Sour, Salty, Spicy Tropical Fruit Salad. My siblings and I had a little chuckle because the booth next to us ordered this too and we could hear them exclaim how good they thought it tasted. While we did eat it all, it was more like a very bland interpretation of Indonesian fried rice. Baccali Cafe and Rotisserie 245 West Valley Blvd. Alhambra, CA 91801 626-293-3300 Open 8 a.m. to 1 a.m. ***** 1 year ago today, the prettiest Cobb Salad ever.

8 comments:

  1. The yolk looks like it's going to burst anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Japan is late.
    But it can eat your food.
    Because, as your food looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wut? Wut? Did somebody say Indonesian Fried Rice? That looks pretty, but you're right.

    I was on a Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship recently and was excited to see Nasi Goreng (Indonesian Fried Rice) on the menu. Sadly, the only thing "Indonesian" about it is that they put a bland satay on top and a fried egg.

    Indonesians won't put a satay on their fried rice.

    In the SGV, there's a few Indo places. One that's pretty decent is Indo Kitchen in Alhambra. I'd love to see your opinion of it if you ever get a chance to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The assembly on the Nasi Goreng looks good though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daphne,
    The fried egg does look yummy doesn't it?

    Toro,
    Thank you. Are you my reader that's been using my translator to read me in Japanese?

    Elmo,
    Indo Kitchen's been on my "to-eat" list for a while so I'll have to get to it soon. I didn't want to call this nasi goreng b/c that would imply it was authentic and it so wasn't.

    And did you say cruise? You and Rasa Malaysia sure live the good life. So jealous.

    Tigerfishy,
    That's how they lured us in to order it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thakns a ton for voting for my pic on petite pig :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok...it's an internationalized Indonesian fried rice eh?...nonetheless, it made me miss indonesian fried rice...gosh i gotta make one soon. any indonesian fried rice here is hk taste nothing like indonesian fried rice ^_^ including the ones served in indonesian restaurants, i wonder why

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nags,
    You're welcome. It was an excellent photo.

    MCR,
    It's a HK-nized Indonesian fried rice. Very bland. I hear the VNese restaurants in HK aren't very good either. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!