Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Slightly Spiced (Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg) Molasses Cookies

My favorite cookie is the ever so popular Original Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookie. But for the holidays, I thought I'd spice them up a bit...literally. I added cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, and a bit of molasses to round it out. They're still your favorite chocolate chip cookie, just a little spicier.

Slightly Spiced Molasses Cookies


 Slightly Spiced (Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg) Molasses Cookies 
Adapted from Nestle Toll House

For 3 dozen cookies, you'll need:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 12-oz package chocolate chips
1 tblsp ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

Leave the butter out at room temperature until it's softened. Or quickly zap in microwave until just softened. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.

Beat butter and sugars until creamy.

Add eggs, one at a time, until evenly mixed.

Then add all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, until thoroughly mixed.

Then add the chocolate chips.

Drop rounded spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.

Bake for 9 to 12 minutes. I like my cookies soft and chewy so I remove them when the centers are still undone. By the time they cool, the cookies will still remain soft.

Makes 3 dozen cookies.

I put the cookie dough into two sandwich bags and freeze them. Then they're easy to get to when I have a cookie craving.

Enjoy!

My other cookie recipes:
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Chocolate Ginger Cookies So Easy Even a 2-year-old Can Make Them
Everything but the Kitchen Sink Cookies
Meyer Lemon Shortbread Bars
Shortbread Cookies with Brown Sugar
Shortbread Cookies with Lavender

I'm submitting this cookie recipe to Susan of Food Blogga's Eat Christmas Cookies event. Check out all the cookie recipes from around the world.

*****
1 year ago today, I hung my stockings by the chimney with care.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!