Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Happy Holidays or When I Put Up My Tree Or Granny Square Afghan

I don't know what it is about Thanksgiving weekend, but something about it urges me to finish whatever quilt or crochet project I've been working on. And so, I finished my granny square afghan. It took me forever to figure out how to do it. I've been wanting to ever since I saw Alicia's of Posie gets Cozy and Molly Chicken. Instructions if you want to make one too.


Here's a close-up of some of the squares.
Each square has 7 rows, and the blanket itself is 7X7. No significance to the number, I just figured it'd make a good size for a lap blanket.

I wanted them to look like flowers so the only constants were that each square had a pale yellow center and green for "leaves." I used a nice Delft blue for the outer rows and to connect them, with two rows of Delft blue for the border. I wove the ends in as I went along. I also used every color of yarn I had available and tried not to have any two squares look exactly alike. I think I succeeded. Most of the yarns are acrylic for ease in washing. Phew! This was a lot of work!

Here it resides on my footstool, within reach if I ever need to snuggle while watching TV.

Oh, who am I kidding? It's usually jumbled up like this. :)

I usually get my tree during Thanksgiving weekend as well. Can't find any of my lights so it's staying pretty simple for now. Actually, I quite like it simple. I don't like excessive decorations covering the tree part. Ornaments were purchased several years ago at Target's after-Christmas sale for 75% off. And the tree must always be Douglas Fir, it's Oregon's state tree, you know! :)

Happy Holidays everyone!

*****
1 year ago today, the best New England clam chowder recipe ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!