Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Mahan Indian Restaurant - Alhambra

Mahan Indian Restaurant - Alhambra 1


For the most part, I enjoy Indian buffets. I get to try a variety of dishes, and usually for less than $10. One day when I had a craving, I met up with my brother at Mahan Indian Restaurant in Alhambra for their $7.95 lunch buffet.

We started off with Naan (Indian Leavened Flatbread).


Mahan Indian Restaurant - Alhambra 2


My plate. Not really much of a selection on a weekday. I normally eat at least two plates.


Mahan Indian Restaurant - Alhambra 3


We got a refill of naan, this time with garlic.


Mahan Indian Restaurant - Alhambra 4


And rice pudding for dessert.


Mahan Indian Restaurant - Alhambra 5


Even though there were quite a number of Indian diners while we were there, I felt like everything tasted very bland. Not enough spices or salt. I was really quite disappointed because my Indian craving still wasn't satisfied.

So in January 2008, I went back again with cousins Q & A for their Sunday brunch, $9.95. The extra $2 meant we got mango lassi and...


Mahan Indian Restaurant - Alhambra 6


...a larger selection of buffet items. The flavors of the food, spices and seasoning, seemed to be significantly better than the weekday buffet.


Mahan Indian Restaurant - Alhambra 7


Rice pudding again for dessert.


Mahan Indian Restaurant - Alhambra 8


And my craving for Indian food was finally satisfied. So lesson learned, go on Sunday.

If you have a craving and don't want to drive, then this place is decent enough. But if you really, really want to satisfy a craving, other restaurants have much better buffets.

Mahan moved just a little ways down Main Street and the weekday buffet is now $8.99, $10.99 on weekends.

Who else ate at Mahan?
WeezerMonkey thinks it's just OK too.

Other Indian restaurants:
Punjab Indian Grocery Store - Alhambra
Saffron Spot - Artesia (Little India)
Woodlands Indian Cuisine - Artesia (Little India)

Mahan Indian Restaurant
110 W. Main St.
Alhambra, CA 91801
626-458-6299
Lunch 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Dinner 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.

*****
1 year ago today, chicken knees, duck chins, goose intestines, and sauteed milk at Macau Street - Monterey Park (Closed).

3 comments:

  1. i love garlic naan.. never tasted that rice pudding before, how was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi WC!
    I highly recommend the New Delhi Palace buffet in Pasadena. I think Wednesday and/or Saturday they have Lamb curry on the buffet which is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nilcha,
    It's pretty good. One of my favorite Indian buffet items.

    Dave,
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!