Thursday, November 15, 2007

Punjab Indian Grocery Store - Alhambra

Punjab Indian Grocery Store - Alhambra 1


After having discovered kulfi (Indian ice cream) at Saffron Spot - Artesia (Little India), I was feeling a bit more adventurous. So one day, after lunch at Luscious Dumplings, Inc. - San Gabriel, UnHipLA and I walked down the street to Punjab Indian Grocery Store in Alhambra.

The Punjab Indian Grocery Store is located in a small strip mall on the border between San Gabriel and Alhambra, a few doors down from Pho Super Bowl Vietnamese Cuisine - Alhambra.

It's pretty small, too small for me to feel comfortable taking pictures of the interior, but filled with lots of videos to rent, packaged Indian foods, and fresh Indian sweets.

Unfortunately, I think most Indian sweets are too sweet for me so I didn't try these. But if you like them, do check them out.


Punjab Indian Grocery Store - Alhambra 2


Earlier, UnHipLA had stopped by one night for dinner with some packaged palak paneer and a kulfi bar for me. Both tasted really good. So if you're not in the mood for going to a restaurant, but have a craving for Indian food, it's a decent alternative.


Punjab Indian Grocery Store - Alhambra 3


I also bought a package of cardamom pods, which I use for making Chai Black Tea, Pho Bo (Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup), and sometimes add to Bo Kho (Vietnamese Beef Stew).


Punjab Indian Grocery Store - Alhambra 4


Other Indian restaurants:
Mahan Indian Restaurant - Alhambra
Saffron Spot - Artesia (Little India)
Woodlands Indian Cuisine - Artesia (Little India)

Punjab Indian Grocery Store
1300 E. Main St., #101
Alhambra, CA 91801
626-576-0749
Monday 1 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Tuesday to Sunday 10:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!