Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I Ate What? 2006 Eating Out Roundup

With my blog still in its infancy in 2006, there weren't that many memorable meals. But I did want to take note of a few of the dining experiences that were worth mentioning. Baccali Cafe and Rotisserie - Alhambra 8Comfort food. Baccali Cafe and Rotisserie - Alhambra has been my favorite Hong Kong cafe since it opened in the late 1990s. My favorite Hong Kong milk tea ($2 and free refills), deep-fried chicken wings with spicy salt, beef chow fun with dry soy sauce, Malaysian roast chicken with curry rice, baked pork chop, and Korean ribs and chicken steak platters. Seol Ak San - Stanton 1Funnest. Cooking on a rock slab at Seol Ak San - Stanton. And they make kimchee fried rice on top of it afterward. Macau Street - Monterey Park 4Weirdest. You'd think it'd be the chicken knees, or the duck tongues, or the goose intestines, but I've eaten plenty of offal so I'm used to that. I had never heard of sauteed milk before though! At Macau Street - Monterey Park (Closed.). ***** 1 year ago today, Shin-Sen-Gumi Hakata Ramen - Rosemead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!