Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Langer's Delicatessen-Restaurant - Los Angeles (Westlake)

The day after our trip to Kyochon Chicken - Los Angeles (Koreatown), cousin Q decided to do the driving this time. Our destination was Langer's Delicatessen-Restaurant for a pastrami on rye. The founder, Al Langer, passed away shortly after the restaurant celebrated its 60th anniversary on June 17, 2007. You can read the Langer's story on their website.

Langer's Delicatessen - Restaurant - Los Angeles (Westlake) 1

We called ahead for curb service. I liked that the person who took our order asked what color and model of car we were driving so she could look out for us. She also told us the total and asked how much we'd be paying so they could have the change ready. Clever!



Langer's Delicatessen - Restaurant - Los Angeles (Westlake) 2

You know how much I love staring into a white paper bag and seeing food.

Langer's Delicatessen - Restaurant - Los Angeles (Westlake) 3

 We ordered the #10 — hot pastrami, a slice of Swiss cheese and Russian dressing on hot rye for $12.70. Although the #19, the same sandwich, but with cole slaw for $13.45 is the deli’s most popular sandwich.

Langer's Delicatessen - Restaurant - Los Angeles (Westlake) 4

O. M. G. The pastrami was amazingly fall-apart tender, juicy, and flavorful. According to their website, Langer’s has served more than 4 million pounds of pastrami since it opened. Langer's also double bakes the bread so that the crust stays crispy.

Langer's Delicatessen - Restaurant - Los Angeles (Westlake) 5

Although I thought the sandwich was pricey, after biting into it, I was so blown away that it was totally worth it.

Langer's Delicatessen - Restaurant - Los Angeles (Westlake) 6

Really, really amazing pastrami.

Who else ate at Langer's?

Well, pretty much everyone has, but cousin Q did try their #19 with cole slaw.

Langer's Delicatessen and Restaurant
704 S. Alvarado St.
Los Angeles, CA 90057
213-483-8050
Monday to Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed Sundays
1 hour validated parking is available at the lot on the northeast corner of 7th Street and Westlake Avenue.

8 comments:

  1. My god Miss WC, such a pricey sandwich but it sure does look delicious. The curbside service is pretty wicked, I like the thought of never having to leave my car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #10 is my fave! I always get #10! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just by the looks I can tell it would be a delicious sandwich! I've never eaten pastrami that was so thickly cut. That being of course that the only time I ate pastrami was from a package we brought from Costco...definitely would not compare to this at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i used to always go to deli's in nyc but have only been to greenblat's since moving to los angeles four years ago. i'm amazed how "small" the portions are in comparison!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have *not*! but have been wanting to! now am totally motivated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww, there was free parking a block down and you missed out on their matzo ball soup.
    1 of my favorite joint if I'm around there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JS would be so totally into this! She's a pastrami girl, more so than me. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. David,
    That just seems to be the going rate for pastrami sandwiches at Jewish delis. SoCal people are lazy. We drive everywhere and we don't want to leave our cars. :P

    WeeMo,
    Gotta have the melted cheese!

    ETE,
    Haha. No, you really can't compare. This was the first time I had pastrami that thickly cut too.

    Actors Diet,
    I've seen pictures of the mound of pastrami on the NYC deli sandwiches. Insane! I could feed a dozen people with that amount of meat.

    Van,
    You should totally go! I'll go with you since I haven't been again since!

    Bill,
    Haha. But then we would of had to walk over and dine in. We were all about expediency that day.

    TS,
    You'll have to bookmark this for your next trip to LA!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!