Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Shortbread Cookies with Lavender

So after discovering how very yummy and easy it was to make shortbread cookies, I decided to add a bit of lavender. It worked so well with lavender biscuits (the American kind), that I already knew it'd be a success. I made these in bar and round cookie form. But I think the texture is much better in bar form. Or I guess, I could have made the round cookies thicker... Shortbread Cookies with Lavender For 1 dozen cookies, you'll need: 1 cup flour 1 stick butter, about 1/2 cup, softened at room temperature Slightly less than 1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed (I find 1/4 cup too little, 1/3 a tad too sweet, so slightly less than 1/3 it is. Unless you have a sweeter tooth than mine.) 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 tsp lavender seeds Leave the butter out at room temperature until softened. Beat slightly less than 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract into the butter until creamy. Add in 1 cup flour and 1 tsp lavender and mix thoroughly. The mixture will be very loose and powdery but just keep kneading it in the bowl until it comes together. Should take just a few minutes. Press into a greased 8x8-inch pan. Prick with a fork. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes. When you take the cookies out of the oven, immediately slice the shortbread into bars while it's still soft. Let cool and break apart. If you don't like the shape of the bars, you can also bake them into a circle and slice into wedges. Or form small balls and flatten into traditional round cookie shapes. Enjoy! My other cookie recipes: Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies Chocolate Ginger Cookies So Easy Even a 2-year-old Can Make Them Everything but the Kitchen Sink Cookies Meyer Lemon Shortbread Bars Shortbread Cookies with Brown Sugar Slightly Spiced (Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg) Molasses Cookies ***** 1 year ago today, coconut flan with step-by-step photo instructions.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm is there something wrong with the dates?

    I swear I visited this site this morning and the entry from Dec 18 was the most recent.

    I'm just trying to keep you on your toes and maintain high standards. Once we get married, I know you'll slip and everything will go awry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex,
    I updated my blog after your visit. I'm keeping you on your toes. ;)

    As for standards, I would never marry someone who expects me to do all the cooking. No siree. He better be right in the kitchen helping me, or at least take turns cooking so I don't do all the work.

    "Once we get married"? Not IF, but ONCE? Pretty confident, aren'tcha? And why must I be the one to slip? What happens if you mess up?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!