Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful...

Brr!!! It's been raining off and on for the past few days and the weather dipped into the 50s. The 50s folks! When did I become such a wimpy SoCal girl? :P

I was chatting online with Norwegian cousin the other day and mentioned how cold it was. I mean, I've had to put on toe socks and turn on the heat. So she offered to buy me a ticket to visit her in Norway where the temperature was -1 degree Celsius. Umm, yeah, OK, maybe we don't have it so bad after all. :P

These are the only snowflakes you'll be seeing around here!

One benefit of the weather keeping me indoors is that I've been doing a little reorganization around here. Tipped off by Oanh of Halfway to Ca Mau and Saigon, I made a nifty new label cloud. Scroll down and take a look. Do you like it? Or do you prefer the old category list? Please let me know what works for you. The cloud reduces the length of my sidebar. Although the size of each category is supposed to reflect how many postings I have, the old list had the actual number of postings. Let me know which one is more useful. Or if you don't use it at all, I'll leave the cloud since it shortens the sidebar and I like the look. :P Go here if you want to make a label cloud of your own. The directions made it quite easy to cut and paste. Thanks Phydeaux3!

I've now created sub-categories for my most popular cooking and eating out cuisines, namely Chinese, Vietnamese, and Korean food. So that should make it easier for those of you who wish to scroll through either/or without having to look at both. Of course, clicking on just the ethnic cuisine tag will still show you both recipes and restaurants.

15 comments:

  1. Oo, your Christmas tree is up already?? You're so organised (or I'm so disorganised!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pah! This weather is nothing. It's those weak tropical genes of your's. =b Not that Taiwan is any better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how some people say LOL, but they don't really LOL? Well, I really did LOL when I saw the picture of your socks. I had no idea there were such things as TOE SOCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the label cloud - I say keep it!
    And your links of the back-updated posts are terrific. Easier to navigate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the granny square...excellent color palette!
    Nice cloud thingy too. I never knew what that was called....and thanks to you, I do now! =)
    My tree went up today, I should have a pic to show soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i promise I will look at the posts again once things get less hectic!! argh.. christmas rush! (and i'm not talking about shopping!)

    love that glass bubble..it's so pretty on the tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey WC - I'm a SoCal weather wimp as well....though I was a Hawaii weather wimp when we first moved to SoCal....
    I'm with Elmo, I never heard of toe-socks before either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh! My first comment didn't go through =(

    Well, I like the cloud AND the categories list...so I guess that didn't help =P. The sidebar IS pretty long, so maybe a drop bar thing would help?

    So I finally made it to Ohio, and I wish the temperature were in the 50s! It was in the 20s last week, but now it's in the 40s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. W&S,
    You've got an excuse! Moving twice in less than a year is insane!

    CP,
    I've survived 80 below 0 winters, it's just now that I don't have to, I don't wanna. :P

    Elmo,
    Ha! I should show you my leprechaun socks!

    Nikki,
    Thanks for the feedback!

    Mary Ruth,
    Cool! It'll look a lot like Christmas when I go blog hopping. :)

    Daphne,
    It's OK sweetie. I know how busy you are.

    Kirk,
    I remember Hawaii getting cold at night too. But yeah, I'm such a weather wimp now.

    Christine,
    You ain't seen nothing yet! Just wait until winter really hits. You'll run back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. christmas is never complete without christmas decorations...lucky for you have it done already..im too busy need to find time i guess to do it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dhanggit,
    Just my tree. Nothing else. I kept it simple so it was easy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh, I leave for LA in 5 days and I keep hearing things like "nearly at freezing point" or "it's colder than a witch's tit". I'm a tropical girl about to spend 3 weeks in a cold climate. I foresee weight gain from eating all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. mtan,
    Oh, the weather here isn't nearly that bad. But it does get chilly at night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chopsticks,
    I love your granny square afghan! You look so relaxed in your toe socks all snuggled up in your afghan with the tree lights a twinkle.

    Thanks so much for commenting on the thankless readers. I answered your comment. I think you were the only one who really understood the post!

    Have you been doing any quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Zoey,
    Yes! That's why when I read your post, I had so much to say. :)

    I just finished my sushi/dim sum quilt. I'll have to post pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!