Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Friday, December 14, 2007

Bulgogi Burger

OK, last Korean recipe post for a while. This photo's been sitting in my queue for about four months! There's nothing more quintessentially American than the hamburger, but I happened to have extra marinade leftover from a batch of bulgogi/kalbi (Korean marinated beef and short ribs). So I just added the marinade into the meat and was pleasantly surprised by the results. I'd suggest you do the same, but if you're intent on making just this, I've included my marinade recipe below. Bulgogi Burger You'll need: 2 pounds ground beef ¼ cup soy sauce 1 tablespoon sesame oil 4 cloves garlic, minced 2 tablespoons brown sugar 2 tablespoon rice wine 1 tsp black pepper 2 tsp salt 1 pear or apple, pureed 1 onion, sliced and sauteed Add all the marinade ingredients into the beef. Shape into patties. Grill. Serve with sauteed onions. Of course, you can't serve a bulgogi burger without kimchee. :) Enjoy! ***** 1 year ago today, I finished my apple tree quilt.

5 comments:

  1. I like Korean food but seeing multiple blog entries on similar stuff sort of fatigued me. I think I'm all Koreaned out.

    =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bulgogi burger with kimchi sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex,
    For a guy who can't cook, you sure are picky! ;)

    Kevin,
    Thanks! I don't think the kimchi would have been good with a regular burger, but for this, it totally worked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See this is the problem with posts...it took me a while but finally I made this recipe today, Jan 21...and so I have to comment that these burgers are OUTSTANDINGLY delicious not just good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blonhdee47,
    Oooh, I'm glad you made my recipe and liked it. :) Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!