Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Seaworld Seafood Restaurant BBQ & Dim Sum To Go - Rosemead

As I said, I've stopped off at Seaworld Seafood Restaurant BBQ & Dim Sum To Go in Rosemead twice now for my brother's wedding and my dad's 60th birthday party. It's a separate entrance, just to the left of the restaurant's main door. It's great for when I want restaurant-quality dim sum for take out.


Mmm. Roast ducks displayed in the window. One duck is $12.95. Right now this is my favorite roast duck to-go place. The marinade has a slight honey flavor, not dark and soy saucy like Sam Woo's.


I got 1/4-lb of roast pig for $3.50.

And half a roast duck for $7.

There's a checklist of various dim sum items that you can order. The cashier then goes into the restaurant and gets your food from the dim sum carts. On weekdays, it's $1.60, weekends are $1.70. Yes, you saw that right. Four har gow (Chinese shrimp dumplings) were $1.60, 3 baked char siu bao (Chinese barbecued pork buns) were $1.60.

Three hom sui gok (Chinese sticky rice and pork dumplings) and 3 fried taro pork dumplings, each again only $1.60 on weekdays.

Even if it wasn't the cheapest dim sum I know of, I think it's still loads better in quality than other to-go places such as Yum Cha Cafe in San Gabriel or Dim Sum Express in Monterey Park.

Other dim sum restaurant posts:
Bon Marche Bistro/B Village Cuisine (Dim Sum) - Monterey Park

Capital Dim Sum & BBQ - Monterey Park
CBS Seafood Restaurant (Dim Sum) - Los Angeles (Chinatown)
Dim Sum Express - Monterey Park
Elite Restaurant (Dim Sum) - Monterey Park
Full House Seafood Restaurant (Dim Sum) - Arcadia
Lunasia Chinese Cuisine (Dim Sum) - Alhambra
Seaworld Seafood Restaurant BBQ & Dim Sum To Go
8118 Garvey Ave., #A
Rosemead, CA 91770
626- 288-2898 or 626-288-2989

*****
1 year ago today, chili (the soup and not the pepper, although I did include an awful lot of peppers anyway).

4 comments:

  1. i wish i could have some dim sum now. wish that i lived closer to an area with a variety of asian restaurants. sucks living out in the sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bluang3lbby,
    Aww, no chance of moving out of Louisiana?

    ReplyDelete
  3. nah I live in North Carolina now. will be a while before I can move out. but Louisiana probably have better choices in dim sum. while in NC, i only know of 2 and both are 2 hours away from where I currently live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bluang3lbby,
    Oh man, yeah, NC is wayyy too boondocks for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!