Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Dinner

Just some photos of the Christmas dinner at my oldest uncle's house.


Christmas Dinner 1



Christmas Dinner 2

Banh beo (Vietnamese steamed rice dumplings with ground shrimp).


Christmas Dinner 3

Cha Gio (Vietnamese Spring/Egg Rolls).


Christmas Dinner 4

Bo Bia (Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Chinese Sausage, Dried Shrimp, and Jicama).


Christmas Dinner 5

Tom Rang Muoi (Vietnamese Shrimp Fried with Salt).


Christmas Dinner 6

Pesto Pasta.


Christmas Dinner 7

Bo Kho (Vietnamese Beef Stew).


Christmas Dinner 8

Buffalo wings, the normal kind and not Sriracha Buffalo Wings.


Christmas Dinner 9

Penne with sausage.


Christmas Dinner 10

Lasagna with Meat Sauce.


Christmas Dinner 11

Polla alla Parmigiana (Italian Chicken Parmesan).


Christmas Dinner 12

Hot buttered rum.


Christmas Dinner 13

I brought a Chicken Piccata.


Christmas Dinner 14

And lil' sis made stuffing.


Christmas Dinner 15

My cousin bought a Christmas cake.


Christmas Dinner 16

It was also my oldest uncle's and his wife's 35th wedding anniversary.


Christmas Dinner 17

Merry Christmas everyone!

*****
1 year ago today, Shanghai-style Sticky Rice Siu Mai Dumplings.
2 years ago today, I cooked Christmas colors - insalata caprese and baked goat cheese on pesto and tomato sauce.

6 comments:

  1. Goodness - that's one crazy Christmas meal! Mine was so much more low key. In Aus, my family's Christmas meals are also pretty lowkey - it's too hot to have a great feast :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum I wish I could teleport back in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're backlogged to Christmas?! OMG! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much food! So big portions! Wow! Beautiful cakes by the way from the bakery. So nicely decorated.

    You're not the only one who is behind to Christmas...I am too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oanh,
    That *is* low key. :P

    Tania,
    Me too. I wouldn't mind eating some of that again.

    WeeMo,
    Haha. I'm backlogged even further than that.

    Nikki,
    :D

    ETE,
    I admire people who can be up to date with their blogging b/c I sure can't!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!