Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Chicken Piccata

We love our Baked Lemon Chicken, but sometimes lil' sis and I need a quick and easy dinner. As in, ready in less than half an hour quick and easy. Chicken piccata with its lemony caper sauce easily satisfies that requirement. Butterflying the chicken breasts help them cook quickly.

Chicken Piccata

Chicken Piccata

For two servings, you'll need:
Two chicken breasts or boneless thighs, butterflied
1 small lemon, juiced
1/4 to 1/2 cup white wine, chicken broth, or water
2 tblsp flour
1 tblsp capers
1/2 tsp salt

I usually serve chicken piccata with plain spaghetti so set a pot of water to boil first and make sure to monitor the pasta.

Juice 1 lemon. Set aside.

Wash and butterfly two chicken breasts. If you wish, you can use a meat tenderizer to pound the chicken, but I've never felt the need to do so.

Sprinkle about 1/2 tsp salt onto the chicken breasts. Then sprinkle about two tblsps flour on both sides until the chicken is thoroughly coated.

In a sauce pan, on medium-high heat, add a good drizzle of olive oil and pan-fry the chicken until golden. Turn the heat down to medium and add the lemon juice, about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of white wine or chicken broth, or just plain water if you have neither, and 1 tblsp capers.

Scrap the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen the fond, the browned bits and flour, so that a sauce is formed. When the sauce is thickened to your liking, serve with the pasta, drizzling the sauce over both chicken and noodles.

Enjoy!

*****
1 year ago today, Tiramisu with Japanese Matcha Green Tea.

5 comments:

  1. i had something very similar to this a few weeks ago. it was positively delish. i like the combo of capers and lemon and chicken, it reminds me of spring. i think with some chopped parsley, it'd be even spring-y-er. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fast, easy and beautiful is an unbeatable combination. This is lovely and those of us who love the lemon-caper combo are in paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I made this as well and was going to submit this for Weekend Wokking... oh no, I only have a few days left to think of a new dish... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my most favoritest dishes of all times. I make mine differently though, which we all should cook to our own taste anyway. I dredge the chicken in flour and fry it that way, and when making the sauce, I also add shallots and garlic, and I like my sauce EXTRA capered. Man, I'm drooling thinking about it even though I just had this dish this past Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lan,
    Chopped parsley would look so pretty. I have one parsley plant that I'm waiting for it to sprout some more leaves for me to use in recipes.

    Mary,
    Ah, another lemon-caper lover. :)

    Ning,
    Don't worry. This isn't my WW entry so you're welcome to submit yours. Besides, it's OK to have multiple dishes because we all make it differently too. :)

    Phan-tabulous,
    Ooh, shallots and garlic. Love that too. Shhh. I add in more capers as well sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!