Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Friday, September 28, 2007

Pesto Pasta



As I said, I froze a batch of pesto for lil' sis to take with her to school. Lil' sis loves pesto pasta so much that when she was engrossed with "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," the only time she paused was to gulp down a plate or two.

Pesto is quick and easy to make, and as a pasta, it's even quicker and easier.


Pesto Pasta

You'll need:
1 batch of pesto
Whatever type of pasta you wish

Boil pasta until al dente. Drain.

In a saute pan, add a few drizzles of olive oil, dump in pasta, add pesto. Toss thoroughly and serve. So simple.

If you wish, you could make it a pesto cream pasta by dissolving 1 tblsp of cornstarch in 1 cup milk or cream. Add to pesto pasta and let simmer for a few minutes until thickened. Add chicken if you wish.


Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Sweet! I've never made homemade pesto before although one of my favorite herbs is basil. I'll try out your recipe sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a caring sister you are. Homemade Pesto tastes lovely and yours looks so good! I would love to grab a fork and have a go at them! yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didnt even break HP to use the restroom but i did for your pesto pasta :) doesnt that tell you how much i love it? haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaded,
    Oh, dear, oh dear. I'm crossing my fingers on this one since it's not precise cooking either. ;)

    Daphne,
    Thanks! I AM a caring sister! Hear that lil' sis? Hehe. ;)

    Lil' sis,
    I just made you two more batches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are very caring :) but is two really enough? i dunno...but i guess one day i should try to make my own!...one day

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm, I love pesto! I've never made my own though.

    Cute dishware!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeannie,
    She is! She's also the baby.

    Lil' sis,
    Alright. I'll make more.

    Christine,
    It's sooo easy! Thanks! I like my olive plates too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!