Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Sunday, July 12, 2009

First Tomatoes

7.12 First Tomatoes 1


At the end of June, my first tomato (singular) was almost ripe enough for eating. It was the Early Girl tomato that beat out Better Boy.

A week later, I had enough for a tiny salad.


7.12 First Tomatoes 2


Other garden updates.

*****
1 year ago today, Bun Cha Hanoi Nem Ran (Vietnamese Hanoi-Style Rice Vermicelli Noodles with Grilled Pork Patties and Egg Rolls.
2 years ago today, Santouka - Costa Mesa.

2 comments:

  1. Okay. I succumbed to the intoxicating smell of tomato leaves, to reports like yours of homegrown tomatoes, of the unparalleled flavor of Early Girl (IMHO) and bought a plant to try again this year. Your plant is looking very healthy -- I'm sure it's liking our hot weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki,
    For some reason, I have such poor results with container tomatoes. My mom, however, gets loads and loads from just one plant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!