Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Bong Bi Xao (Vietnamese Sauteed Squash Blossoms)

So very many squash blossoms. I've made deep-fried squash blossoms stuffed with minced shrimp. I then made deep-fried squash blossoms. Should I take my youngest uncle's suggestion and blanch them? I decided to do a quick saute instead.
Bong Bi Xao (Vietnamese Sauteed Squash Blossoms)
Bong Bi Xao (Vietnamese Sauteed Squash Blossoms) You'll need: However many squash blossoms you wish to eat A couple cloves of minced garlic In a wok or saute pan, add a few drizzles of olive oil and add in the minced garlic. Stir until slightly softened and fragrant. Toss in the squash blossoms and saute until just wilted. Serve with rice and Nuoc Mam Cham (Vietnamese Fish Dipping Sauce) for dipping. Enjoy! My squash blossoms recipes: Bong Bi Nhoi Tom Chien (Vietnamese Shrimp-Stuffed Deep-fried Squash Blossoms) Crostinis with Arugula Pesto, Bruschetta al Pomodoro, and Squash Blossom Ricotta Deep-fried Squash Blossoms Deep-fried Squash Blossoms Stuffed with Basil and Cottage Cheese Ravioli with Basil, Squash Blossoms, and Ricotta Squash Blossom Omelet Squash Blossom and Prosciutto Pizza Squash Blossom Quesadilla

4 comments:

  1. Looks too healthy...I'll take the fried ones! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sauteed with garlic and dip in fish sauce sounds good too! You are making me hungry. Must go and find squash blossoms at the farmer's market this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's really interesting. I never knew that the blossoms were edible! Looks like you've been doing a whole series on squash blossoms! I'll definitely have to look out for these - never seen them at the market at all...hehe - maybe at the florist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine,
    Hehe, I prefer fried too. :)

    EMWK,
    Good luck finding them. I hope you like eating them too.

    W&S,
    Are you back? Do you like my squash blossoms series as much as my dumplings series? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!