Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Friday, July 27, 2007

Deep-fried Squash Blossoms

After managing to stuff only 7 squash blossoms with minced shrimp, I still had a whole colander left. What to do? Since I liked how the light coating of flour made the petals so crispy, I decided to fry up a batch. Deep-fried Squash Blossoms Very simply, place some flowery squash blossoms into a colander, sprinkle a light dusting of flour all over, and shake the colander so the flour is evenly distributed and excess flour falls out. Gently fry in medium heat. The petals will be very crispy, while the green ends stay moist. I snacked on the whole plate. Enjoy! But I wasn't done because I still had half a colander of squash blossoms left and didn't want to prepare them all fried. My squash blossoms recipes: Bong Bi Nhoi Tom Chien (Vietnamese Shrimp-Stuffed Deep-fried Squash Blossoms) Crostinis with Arugula Pesto, Bruschetta al Pomodoro, and Squash Blossom Ricotta Deep-fried Squash Blossoms Stuffed with Basil and Cottage Cheese Ravioli with Basil, Squash Blossoms, and Ricotta Sauteed Squash Blossoms Squash Blossom Omelet Squash Blossom and Prosciutto Pizza Squash Blossom Quesadilla

6 comments:

  1. yummm!!!
    wondering what would u do next with ur half of squash blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which ones did ya enjoy more? The stuffed or unstuffed ones? They both look yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I will definitely have to try them like this next time I find squash blossoms at the farmer's market. What a great crispy treat. Good tip on coating with a dusting of oil first. I would imaging they would get soggy otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill,
    I like them stuffed too.

    Isha,
    I went very simple with the last of the batch.

    EMWK,
    Thanks!

    Henry,
    I liked them both. :)

    Bri,
    Coating with flour you mean? Yup, that's what made them crispy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!