Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Senor Fish - Alhambra

So after we got back from Vegas, the first meal Norwegian cousin requested was fish tacos. I vaguely remember taking her to Rubio's during her first visit to the U.S. many years ago. Mexican food is a little hard to come by in Norway. She wanted to eat healthier though so instead of deep-fried battered fish, I opted to take her to Senor Fish for some grilled fish tacos. Look at all those accolades. This place must be good right?
Senor Fish 1
I've been to the Senor Fish on Main Street in Alhambra before, but can't recall much about that experience. Every time I drive by though, it's never had more than a few customers. This was in the late afternoon so we were the only customers.
Senor Fish 2
After placing our orders, we grabbed a free drink that came with the combo plate. Yum! Horchata.
Senor Fish 3
The salsa bar included about half a dozen varieties including chipotle, salsa verde, radishes, and jalapenos. I always find it strange that we get real silverware, but the tableware are disposable plates. We got the two tacos combo with drink, rice, beans for $8.95. It's costs extra for shrimp or scallops. Weekday lunch special is $6.50. The rice and beans were average, nothing remarkable. It's a bit pricey for such small tacos but look at all the cabbage and salsa they piled on top!
Senor Fish 4
Here's a close-up of the grilled scallop taco. The scallop pieces were easily several inches in diameter and very juicy.
Senor Fish 5
The grilled fish taco.
Senor Fish 6
I got the ceviche tostada for $3.25. The fish was very fresh, tender but firm, lots of lemon marinade. The tostada was wet from all the lemon/lime juices but still crunchy. I was very, very happy. Especially because ceviche typically costs me at least $10 if I get it at a Peruvian restaurant.
Senor Fish 7
I opted for a potato taco $1.99 and an Ensenada-style fish taco for $2.50, that's the beer-battered deep-fried kind.
Senor Fish 8
I realize you can't really see the potato well, but you can certainly see its juiciness, no?
Senor Fish 9
You can view the full menu on Sporq. Senor Fish also offers beef, chicken, and pork tacos, but I've always stuck with the seafood. So we had a healthy lunch and my cousin got to tick off another item on her list of food she wanted to eat while in the U.S. This post is also republished with my permission on Los Angeles County Mexican Restaurants. Other Mexican restaurants: Carnitas Michoacan - Los Angeles (Lincoln Heights) Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen - Orange King Taco Restaurants #11 - El Monte (Garvey Ave.) Los Cinco Puntos - Los Angeles Old Town Mexican Cafe and Cantina - San Diego Tacos Baja Ensenada - (East) Los Angeles Taqueria Chihuahua - Los Angeles (Mar Vista) Senor Fish 115 W. Main St. Alhambra, CA 91801 626-299-7550

5 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE SENOR FISH!! Especially the potato tacos, so delicious!! We used to go there after school a lot to get the french fries because you get a lot for cheap. I really wish there were Mexican food here in Singapore. I want tacos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum yum! That looks so good! I'll have to remember to visit this place in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tania,
    You just got there and you're already getting food cravings for home? :P

    Amy,
    I think you should just compile a list of all the SoCal places you need to hit up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I wanna try the scallop and potato tacos. Awww there is no jamaica on the menu. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeannie,
    It doesn't say on the menu, but I thought I remembered getting it. Or it may have been tamarindo? Eh, my memory's shot! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!