Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

King Taco Restaurants #11 - El Monte (Garvey Ave.)

King Taco Restaurants - El Monte (Garvey Ave.) 1

During one lazy summer night when lil' sis's best friend was over and I think one or two of my girl cousins (I don't even remember which ones!), we did a late night taco run. My family's preferred restaurant for Mexican tacos and nachos is Carnitas Michoacan - Los Angeles (Lincoln Heights), but on this particular night, we decided to go somewhere I hadn't blogged yet.



King Taco Restaurants - El Monte (Garvey Ave.) 2

King Taco Restaurants
is a Southern California chain of fast food Mexican restaurants. Definitely not fine dining, but good for late night nachos, tacos, burritos, and tamales cravings.

King Taco Restaurants - El Monte (Garvey Ave.) 3

And we were kinda craving a lot that night.

King Taco Restaurants - El Monte (Garvey Ave.) 4

Nachos with cheese $4.50. The meat was more finely chopped and not as plentiful as Carnitas Michoacan.

King Taco Restaurants - El Monte (Garvey Ave.) 5

All tacos were $1.25 each. Chicken and suadero (brisket). This cut of beef was a bit dry.

King Taco Restaurants - El Monte (Garvey Ave.) 6

And our favorite cut, Carne Asada (Mexican Grilled Meat).

King Taco Restaurants - El Monte (Garvey Ave.) 7

King Taco Restaurants - El Monte (Garvey Ave.) 8

Tamales were $1.50 each.

King Taco Restaurants - El Monte (Garvey Ave.) 9

Pork.

King Taco Restaurants - El Monte (Garvey Ave.) 10

And chicken.

King Taco Restaurants - El Monte (Garvey Ave.) 11

Not too bad and decent enough, but since Carnitas Michoacan is about the same distance and their nachos are way better, it still remains my favorite for late night Mexican food runs.

Other Mexican restaurants:
Carnitas Michoacan - Los Angeles (Lincoln Heights)
Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen - Orange
Los Cinco Puntos - Los Angeles
Old Town Mexican Cafe and Cantina - San Diego
Senor Fish - Alhambra
Tacos Baja Ensenada - (East) Los Angeles
Taqueria Chihuahua - Los Angeles (Mar Vista)

King Taco Restaurants #11

10420 E. Garvey Ave.
El Monte, CA 91733
626-448-5150
Sunday to Thursday 8:30 a.m. to midnight
Friday and Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 a.m.

*****
1 year ago today, green (dill) eggs and no ham.
2 years ago today, my Carne Asada (Mexican Grilled Meat) seems to have a long list of marinade ingredients, but it's so worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to thank you for the blog, which I've been following on and off for a year. I'm a half-Vietnamese trying her hand at cooking, but since my mum never was much for making Vietnamese food (for a variety of reasons) I mostly have to make it up as I go along. Thanks for all the great recipes and ingredient guides (and all that food's making me really nostalgic...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like King Taco's nachos for their slightly tangy flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aliettedb,
    Welcome! It seems like very few Vietnamese mothers are teaching their kids how to cook. I wonder why that is?

    WeeMo,
    I'm in the Carnitas Michoacan camp. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!