Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Carne Asada (Mexican Grilled Meat)

Carne Asada (Mexican Grilled Meat) 1

The key to a good Carne Asada (Mexican Grilled Meat) for me is the lime juice and some soy sauce. That's right, I add a bit of soy sauce into my carne asada marinade. Gives it a nice savoriness.



Carne Asada (Mexican Grilled Meat) 2

Carne Asada (Mexican Grilled Meat)

For about 2 pounds of meat, you'll need:
2 pounds flank or skirt steak, thinly sliced
1 small onion, diced or sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 limes or 1 lemon, juiced
2 tblsp soy sauce
1 tblsp olive oil
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp your choice of ground chili, chipotle, cayenne, or paprika peppers
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried chili flakes

Mix all ingredients in a shallow pan and allow to marinate for at least an hour.

Grill. Allow meat to rest for 5 minutes to redistribute the juices. Then slice into chunks when done.

Top with Salsa Fresca, cheese, and jalapenos. Squeeze some extra limes if you wish, or add cilantro and avocado.

Carne Asada (Mexican Grilled Meat) 3

Or you can make carne asada nachos.

Carne Asada (Mexican Grilled Meat) 4

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Hey WC - I'm waiting for the Al Pastor..trompo and all! ;o) LOL! I always enjoy your cooking.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Kirk,
    That's b/c you haven't tasted it yet. My littler sister says my photos make everything look appetizing. :)

    I like your cooking posts too. Seriously, you should do it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nachosss, a cadet favorite!!! you must make some at the next family gathering you throw. did you make the salsa as well? it looks really really REALLY good. even more so because my stomach is rumbling at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tania,
    I made some at one of the parties didn't I? I didn't make the salsa this time. Too lazy. But wait until summer and I'll make my mango salsa again. :) And why is your stomach rumbling? Isn't your brother feeding you?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!