Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Blood Orange Grapefruit Juice

Can you tell I'm too lazy to write today? Remember those blood oranges I bought at the Farmers' Market in Alhambra?


Just a few small blood oranges gave my freshly squeezed grapefruit this luminous red glow. Lovely isn't it?


This juicer is one of the best purchases I've ever made.
In Southern California, a 5-lb sack of oranges and grapefruits are only $2 at the farmers' markets. The blood oranges were $1 a pound. The grapefruits were free from my aunt's garden.

Do you actually need a recipe for this? :)

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Oooo! I have HK appliances too. My husband keeps telling me I need to do a Hello Kitty cooking week, in which every day I make a food item using one of my appliances. I covet the juicer though, I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Budding Cook,
    I got it on clearance at Target so I think it was around $10? It's normally $20, but every once in a while Target does a sale on Hello Kitty stuff for $15.

    Poopycat,
    Which HK appliances do you have?

    I have the HK waffle iron. :) I wanted the toaster but mine still works so I couldn't justify buying another. And my friend once bought the rice cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that Hello Kitty juicer! So cute. Was the sale recent ? Anyway, guess I would have missed it already.:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heee! Hello Kitty juicer! :D

    That juice looks lovely!

    Soul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tigerfish,
    I've had the juicer for a while. But Target always has some kind of sale and lots of HK stuff so just keep haunting the aisles until it goes on sale again. :)

    Soul,
    So much HK love going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this is an older post but YUM. I think if I lived in California I would eat citrus fruit everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purest Green,
    I don't mind. It's still nice to receive comments, even in old posts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!