Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Grape Hyacinth

3.18 Grape Hyacinth 1


You know my penchant for re-purposing glass vinegar bottles and Coke bottles to serve as vases.

This Spega la Natura yogurt jar is perfect for short-stemmed flowers.

I only have two jars though. At around $3 for two little jars, it's too expensive for me to indulge in.


3.18 Grape Hyacinth 2


Other garden updates.

*****
1 year ago today, In-N-Out Burger and the "hidden menu."
2 years ago today, still my very favorite dumpling house - Luscious Dumplings, Inc. in San Gabriel.

2

6 comments:

  1. ha! so that's what they are! I have one growing out from between the cracks in the pavement in my front yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, found you through food gawker.

    I repurpose my food jars! I think it's something my mother passed down to me - we both have our "perfect" jars for storing "the perfect" amount of stock, for storing odds and ends like buttons, screws, nuts & bolts...and now that its spring, I'm going to make a terrarium out of a larger pasta sauce jar and some thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oanh,
    Haha. Yeah, they're rather like weeds, but pretty!

    Jessica,
    I use jars for buttons too. A terrarium sounds so cool.

    Tania,
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they ARE beautiful and edible... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Calliendra,
    I had no idea one could eat them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!