Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Steamy Kitchen Made Me an Apron!

Don't get me wrong, I love all the new places I've discovered since I started blogging. And I love introducing people to some of those places in turn. But the best part of blogging for me is all the wonderful people I've met along the way.

A while back, I had written about my meet-up at Izakaya Haru Ulala in Little Tokyo with Jaden of Steamy Kitchen. In person, she was just like she is online - gorgeous, hilarious, and obsessed with food! We hit it off immediately and she was game when dinner turned into a three-restaurant affair. She bought the group of us mochi ice cream at Mikawaya. And we finished off the evening at Daikokuya Noodle & Rice Bowl.

As if I didn't already think highly of her at this point, several weeks later I got the cutest thank you card in the mail. Look ==>. The "gumballs" are little beads.

And she also made me an apron. Not only does this woman cook the most scrumptious-looking food, she sews too!


Here's the apron in its place of honor - hanging in my kitchen beside my stove, ready to go to work.

Thanks again Jaden!

And as if the day couldn't get any better. My oldest uncle's wife made banh mi xiu mai (Vietnamese meatball sandwich). Yum! Yum!

7 comments:

  1. Hey WC - With your large family, and all your friends....you could fill an entire blog with food, festivities, and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute pattern for the apron. And the sandwich looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirk,
    Isn't that what my blog is about? :)

    Kelly,
    It was a nice surprise to get in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ::BIG HUG!::

    hey i'm going to have a make ur own damn Goi Cuon party tonight! You had suggested it a while back when I posted my sushi stuff. I'll take lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaden,
    Oooh, I wanna see! And are you using my recipe? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We ate it too fast to take a pic. Plus I SUCK at rolling. So no pics. Need to practice the rolling thing. Actually, I need to practice being able to gently separate the rice sheets without tearing or wrinkling. Half the time, the damn papers were a TOTAL MESS. I'm not coordinated enough to do this apparently

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!