Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Friday, September 25, 2009

Ask Wandering Chopsticks 1

Angkor Thom 19


If you're awaiting a response to a comment or email, I must apologize for taking so long to get back to you. I've been remiss in visiting my friends' blogs too. :(

As the blog grows and grows, it has become more time-consuming to update each post. More photos to sort through and organize before I even get to uploading and then blogging. I have to manually insert links to each restaurant or recipe into their respective categories afterward. Old recipes to edit and re-photograph. Content thieves and other stuff have just really bogged down my usual blogging habits. Aiyah! I'm such a whiner!

Then when I get emails or comments from people who clearly spent no time looking for that information themselves, I get annoyed and snarky. Oh, I so don't want to be mean on the blog. It's supposed to be my reprieve from the cold, cruel world! But dude!!! If you email me to ask how much I charge for shipping sausages and whether I have locations in the Bay Area, you clearly did not read! Why are you wasting my time, and yours even, to email me to ask, when if you spent one second to even look around, it's fairly clear that I do not sell sausages!!!




Well, that was obviously an exception from a lazy person who stumbled upon the blog and not a reader, but I don't want to resent my readers! And I really feel badly that I have not been able to get back to you within a reasonable amount of time. So, I'm starting an "Ask Wandering Chopsticks" section. By no means does this serve to replace my actually responding to comments and emails. I still intend to do so when I can. But the last weekend of every month, from 11:59 p.m. Friday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday, I promise not to get snarky. So yes, once a month, you can ask me whether I ship sausages. The answer will still be no, but I promise not to get mad at you for asking. ;)

This does not replace my expectation that you use the searchbar or look through the archives. However, I realize that I have a lot of posts and the queue of recipes and restaurants is too long. If you want to dig through my brain or ask random, non-intrusive questions about recipes, restaurants, or whatever, drop a comment in this post or email me with the title "Ask WC." I will update this post if email questions come in. Responses to comments are in the comment box as usual.

Thanks for your understanding!

*****
1 year ago today, part 7 of my How to Start a Food Blog series -- Your Online Identity: Blogger Interactions and Comment Policies.
2 years ago today, fruit and nut mooncakes on the Mid-Autumn Festival.

4 comments:

  1. what no takers? Sure enough there'll be some bloke who is going to ask you something crazy as we have heard about throughout this past week. I ll open up this forum and ask;
    1.It's been a few month since we last talked about Quan Hy and if you have ever tried their Bun Bo Hue and at the time you haven't, have you tried it yet?
    2.Where can I place an order for wanderingchopsticks brand of sausages?lol j/k perhaps you would've got a kick out of it.
    3.What inspires you to continuously cook absolutely wonderful meals and share it us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,

    I was beginning to think no one loves me. :P People have been clicking, but I think they're too scared to ask. Aren't you afraid I'll bite your head off? ;)

    1. Not yet! I don't get down to OC as often as I'd like and when I do, I've been hitting up new restaurants. Maybe I'll just wait for your next trip to SoCal and we'll meet up at Quan Hy? :)

    2. I don't sell sausages!!! But if you want, pay me $100 and I'll ship some out to you. ;)

    3. You! And readers like you! Half of cooking and photographing and blogging is challenging myself to do better. The other half is the pleasure I get in sharing it with others.

    Now, go away! :) How can the crazies who search for sausages and prostitutes find me if you insist on talking about normal things like food? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay then, a random question...
    1. How did you get the "All text....By Wandering Chopsticks" to appear on every post? Was it in the template or did you actually go to every post and copy the link down?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ETE,
    I did it in HTML mode long ago and would have to search for it to find where to insert and all that.

    A far easier way is to go into "Settings" then click on the "Formatting" tab. Scroll down to "Post Template" and type in the code in HTML mode with links. If you don't know how to do HTML links, type what you want in the post, then click over to "edit HTML" and copy that code and paste that into the "Post Template" box. Now every time you click on a new post, that code will already be there. I do that for things I have in every post like the 1 & 2 year ago links so I don't have to keep typing them in each time.

    Hope that works! Let me know if it doesn't and I'll try to dig up how I did it in HTML mode.

    ReplyDelete