Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Saturday, May 08, 2010

How to Decorate a Onesie with an Appliqued Patch

How to Decorate a Onesie with an Appliqued Patch 1


Finally finished sewing the dim sum patch onto the onesie that I started at the baby shower for my little niece. Since I've been getting hits for decorating onesie ideas, I figured I'd show you how I went about this.


How to Decorate a Onesie with an Appliqued Patch 2


Originally, I just cut out a big old square, but lil' sis said it'd be cuter if I made a heart instead. And so I did, even if it did add a bit more work.

I used a blanket stitch to applique the patch on since that's pretty basic and simple.

So cut out the shape you'd like. Put a piece of light cardboard inside the onesie or else you'll sew the front to the back. :P

Pin the fabric to the front.

Fold in the edge a bit to prevent fraying and insert your needle from the outer edge down and up through the top.


How to Decorate a Onesie with an Appliqued Patch 3


Don't pull the thread all the way through. It'll form a little loop when you've about pulled the thread through. Insert the needle back up through that loop.


How to Decorate a Onesie with an Appliqued Patch 4


Now, you can pull tight. Yay! You've started the blanket stitch.


How to Decorate a Onesie with an Appliqued Patch 5


Keep going around and you'll have this.


How to Decorate a Onesie with an Appliqued Patch 6


I got a little overzealous and wrote I <3 auntie on it in Vietnamese. I was too lazy to applique the words on. I think the simplicity of it without the writing would have been better. Anyway, there you go, simple and easy enough to do, yeah?

*****
1 year ago today, Double Delight rose.
2 years ago today, overhyped, bland, and mushy Hainanese chicken rice at Savoy Kitchen - Alhambra.
3 years ago today, buckwheat crepes, crepe memories from Paris, and a video demonstration on how to make and flip them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!