Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Friday, November 13, 2009

Longan Blossoms & Fruit

11.13 Longan Blossoms & Fruit 1


It's always a mystery to me how these blossoms can become...


11.13 Longan Blossoms & Fruit 2


...this fruit.


11.13 Longan Blossoms & Fruit 3


The longan tree blossoms in May.


11.13 Longan Blossoms & Fruit 4


By September, I start getting eager to see the green fruit.


11.13 Longan Blossoms & Fruit 5


They're not ready to eat until November.


11.13 Longan Blossoms & Fruit 6


Longans fresh picked off the tree are so crunchy and delicious.

Other garden updates.

*****
1 year ago today, homemade Thai Red Curry Paste.
2 years ago today, Woodlands Indian Cuisine - Artesia (Little India).

2 comments:

  1. Where do you get these trees to bear fruit? I like Longan, but the ones I bought from the store are not so good, even though they are not that cheap either :( I am sure the fresh ones taste the best, but wonder if the fruit has much "meat" to it, or mostly is the seed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Co Toan,
    My family buys our fruit trees from Mimosa Nursery in East LA. There's quite a bit of meat and they have a wonderful crunch. I'll take more photos so you can see the inside.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!