Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Absolute Bakery & Cafe - Mancos - Colorado

18 Absolute Bakery & Cafe - Mancos - Colorado 1

Since I loved my fry bread sandwich from Ted's Taco - Mancos so much, I took the Enchanted Mesa Motel owners' advice again and stopped off at Absolute Bakery & Cafe before we left Colorado.

They're batting two for two because this was the cutest cafe with so many baked goods that I wanted to try. They recommended the chocolate-dipped coconut macaroons.

And how could I not love a cafe that features shelves of books?

18 Absolute Bakery & Cafe - Mancos - Colorado 2

So many things I wanted.

18 Absolute Bakery & Cafe - Mancos - Colorado 3

18 Absolute Bakery & Cafe - Mancos - Colorado 4

Lemon lavender cookies! I looove lavender. Unfortunately, I was never able to eat my lemon lavender cookie. :( I wrapped my cookie up in a napkin to save for later. When we stopped for gas, Gourmet Pigs' friend thought it was trash and threw it away. :( *Sniffle.*

18 Absolute Bakery & Cafe - Mancos - Colorado 5

Gourmet Pigs got a cherry strudel, $2.75.

18 Absolute Bakery & Cafe - Mancos - Colorado 6

And the chocolate-dipped macaroon, $2.25. I had a bite and it was amazing. So moist. I regretted not getting my own. It was huge!

18 Absolute Bakery & Cafe - Mancos - Colorado 7

But I was already getting the blueberry muffin, $2. Which was also huge! Not too sweet and chock-full of blueberries. Sooo good! They definitely don't skimp on serving sizes here.

18 Absolute Bakery & Cafe - Mancos - Colorado 8

The aforementioned lemon lavender cookie. :(

And a large lavender lemonade, $2.75.

18 Absolute Bakery & Cafe - Mancos - Colorado 9

It's funny because in looking back at the food photos, I didn't eat as much on this trip as I thought I did, but I definitely wasn't ever hungry.

Alright, time to make our way back to SoCal. Can you believe, all these posts, and it's only been a few days?

Posts in this series:
Sadie's of New Mexico - Albuquerque - New Mexico
Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum - Albuquerque - New Mexico
Shiprock - New Mexico
Ted's Taco - Mancos - Colorado
Balcony House - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
House of Many Windows - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Hemenway House - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Cliff Palace - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Spruce Tree Terrace Cafe - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Chapin Mesa Archeological Museum - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Spruce Tree House - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Petroglyph Point Trail - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Cortez Cultural Center - Cortez - Colorado
Main Street Brewery & Restaurant - Cortez - Colorado
Absolute Bakery & Cafe - Mancos - Colorado
Four Corners Monument - Shiprock - New Mexico
Pine Country Restaurant - Williams - Arizona
Grand Canyon National Park (South Rim) - Arizona

Absolute Bakery & Cafe
110 S. Main St.
Mancos, CO 81328
970-533-1200
Sunday 7 a.m. to noon
Monday to Saturday 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.

*****
1 year ago today, Tahoe Galbi Restaurant - Los Angeles (Koreatown).
2 years ago today, pastrami chili cheese fries with pickles and tomatoes at The Hat - Alhambra.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!