Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Ted's Taco - Mancos - Colorado

7 Ted's Taco - Mancos - Colorado 1

For breakfast the next day, we took the Enchanted Mesa Motel owners' advice and headed to Ted's Taco, a stand located next to Log Cabin Liquor, for Navajo frybread.

Best. Frybread. Ever.

Gourmet Pigs opted for the camp bread, $6.50, an open-faced frybread topped with sausage, green chile, eggs, cheese, and tomatoes.

7 Ted's Taco - Mancos - Colorado 2

I got the frybread breakfast sandwich, $6.25, with bacon, eggs, and cheese. It was huge. Easily 8 inches in diameter.

7 Ted's Taco - Mancos - Colorado 3

Look at that lovely puffy frybread.

7 Ted's Taco - Mancos - Colorado 4

We ate these in the car on our way to Mesa Verde National Park. The cheese had melted into a lovely gooeyness and the frybread was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Reminded me a lot of my mom's banh tieu (Vietnamese frybread).

7 Ted's Taco - Mancos - Colorado 5

A very hearty breakfast to be sure, but with all the hiking we did that day, very much needed fuel.

I was debating whether to tag this as "Navajo," or "Native American," or just "American." This is what keeps me up at night! In the end, since I consider "Hawaiian" also "American," and don't create a separate tag for that, neither did I here. I'm all about being inclusive! I don't have separate tags for "Cantonese" or "Sichuan," but include those under "Chinese" cuisine so it only made sense to be consistent. What do you think?

Gourmet Pigs also posted about our frybread breakfast.

Posts in this series:
Sadie's of New Mexico - Albuquerque - New Mexico
Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum - Albuquerque - New Mexico
Shiprock - New Mexico
Ted's Taco - Mancos - Colorado
Balcony House - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
House of Many Windows - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Hemenway House - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Cliff Palace - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Spruce Tree Terrace Cafe - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Chapin Mesa Archeological Museum - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Spruce Tree House - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Petroglyph Point Trail - Mesa Verde National Park - Colorado
Cortez Cultural Center - Cortez - Colorado
Main Street Brewery & Restaurant - Cortez - Colorado
Absolute Bakery & Cafe - Mancos - Colorado
Four Corners Monument - Shiprock - New Mexico
Pine Country Restaurant - Williams - Arizona
Grand Canyon National Park (South Rim) - Arizona

Ted's Taco
No separate address, but located next to Log Cabin Liquor, which is at
41900 Hwy 160
Mancos, CO 81328
970-759-5764

*****
1 year ago today, no turtle doves, agapanthus, desert rose, gardenia, and jasmine.
2 years ago today, 1 of 7 random things about me, I hardly ever make my own nuoc mam cham (Vietnamese fish dipping sauce).

2 comments:

  1. Mmm I want some frybread. We definitely ate better on our roadtrip than I did in my last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GP,
    Really? After editing down the photos from this trip, I feel like we didn't eat that much at all. I wish we had fry bread that good around here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!