Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pacific Oyster - Bay City - Oregon

If you've been here from the beginning, you might have remembered Pacific Oyster from my post about Why Oregon Will Always Be Home. It took just that many years later to revisit one of my family's favorite spots whenever we're on the coast.

3 Pacific Oyster - Bay City - Oregon 1

My parents like to buy bags of oysters and fresh fish when the boats come in.

Cute! I've got a picture of lil' sis making fishy faces.

3 Pacific Oyster - Bay City - Oregon 2

Since it's a seafood market also, there's always a variety to choose from.

3 Pacific Oyster - Bay City - Oregon 3

Clam chowder in a bowl, $5.99. I liked the addition of dill in their broth.

3 Pacific Oyster - Bay City - Oregon 4

I had to get the oyster burger and fries, $8.95.

3 Pacific Oyster - Bay City - Oregon 5

Look at those juicy oysters. Again, the addition of dill was quite nice.

3 Pacific Oyster - Bay City - Oregon 6

Lil' sis and the middle '87 opted for oysters and chips, $10.95. Given that both orders contained three oysters, I think mine was the better value. Although, the garlic bread sure was tasty.

3 Pacific Oyster - Bay City - Oregon 7

And of course, we each had to get a freshly shucked oyster, $1.75.

3 Pacific Oyster - Bay City - Oregon 8

Eat oysters and you'll "live long and prosper"? :P

3 Pacific Oyster - Bay City - Oregon 9

I liked the shot glass so much I bought it too.

3 Pacific Oyster - Bay City - Oregon 10

We always tease my brother about his soft, pale hands, but that makes for a pretty good hand model, eh?

3 Pacific Oyster - Bay City - Oregon 11

I said plating it on the bed of ice was nicer than his hand modeling though.

3 Pacific Oyster - Bay City - Oregon 12

Afterward, I made my brother stop so I could show you the oyster shell mounds again.

3 Pacific Oyster - Bay City - Oregon 13

That's a lot of oysters!

We also stopped off to buy a bag on our way home. I forgot how much, but it's a lot cheaper since we're buying in bulk and shucking the oysters ourselves.

Lunch out of the way, we had to go to our other must-stop whenever we're here -- the Tillamook Cheese Factory.

All Oregon posts can be found with the tag Series: Oregon, but I suggest reading this particular trip in this order:
Giant Catfish and Family Trips Home
Mom and Dad's Garden Again
Pacific Oyster - Bay City - Oregon
Tillamook Cheese Factory - Tillamook - Oregon
Barview Jetty County Park - Rockaway Beach - Oregon
Searching for Tide Pools
Campfire S'Mores and Other Breakfast Treats
Dismantling Camp and Leaving Rockaway Beach - Oregon
Short Beach - Oregon and Home
Rice Krispies Treats
Chasing Waterfalls - Columbia River Gorge - Oregon
Behind the Scenes: Bob's Red Mill - Milwaukie - Oregon
Whiffies Fried Pies (Food Cart) - Portland - Oregon
Potato Champion (Food Cart) - Portland - Oregon

Pacific Oyster
150 Oyster Bay Dr.
Bay City, OR 97107
503-377-2323
Sunday to Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.

*****
1 year ago today, Glass Bottom Boat, Corfu - Greece.
2 years ago today, Fettuccine Alfredo with Broccoli and Chicken.

3 comments:

  1. hi wc - yay! you're back! and with oregon posts to boot! i always enjoy reading your oregon travels... we will definitely stop by this place in march - i want that oyster burger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm i have never been to bay city... and those oysters are killing me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CC,
    Yup. I think I kept trying to write the longer posts, and just gave in and wrote short ones instead to get me going.

    The oysters here are sooo good!

    Anna,
    You haven't? It's always a must for my family when we're in Tillamook.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!