Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

The Older '88's "Happy Sailing" Quilt

The Older '88's Happy Sailing Quilt 1


It only took three years, but the older '88 finally finished the quilt she started long ago. She dubbed it "Happy Sailing."

So cute, yeah?


The Older '88's Happy Sailing Quilt 2


Blanket stitch for the appliques.


The Older '88's Happy Sailing Quilt 3


I had some Japanese-ish wave fabric for her to alternate between the appliqued squares.


The Older '88's Happy Sailing Quilt 4


Then my youngest aunt cleaned up her room and stashed the squares away. My cousin finally hunted the pieces down so she could finish.

Here's the quilt in all its glory.


The Older '88's Happy Sailing Quilt 5


It's sized for a baby blanket so roughly 5-feet long by 3-feet wide. I forgot to measure exactly. She used a polar fleece blanket for the backing and layered it with some batting in between.


The Older '88's Happy Sailing Quilt 6


Yay! Didn't she do a great job?

Doesn't that make you want to start quilting too? :)

*****
1 year ago today, Historic Columbia River Highway - Columbia River Gorge - Oregon.
2 years ago today, Pho 79 Restaurant - Alhambra.
3 years ago today, Mango Salsa.

3 comments:

  1. pretty darn cute!! just wait till i finish with my ninja quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is so sweet, she did a great job. I am just beginning to learn how to use the sewing machine my Hubby bought me for my birthday this year. Maybe one day I'll be able to make something that looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tania,
    Ninjas? Cool!

    Zen Tasting,
    My mom has to keep showing me how to thread the sewing machine every time. She even drew arrows, but it confuses me. So I just stick to doing things by hand. My cousin made her quilt all by hand too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!