Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Monday, May 24, 2010

Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes

On May 8th, I noticed my pink night-blooming cereus was about to bloom. It took five years, but I finally got two blooms out of my night blooming cereus last year. I was excited this time to see about half a dozen buds.

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 1

It opened a few days later.

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 2

So pretty!

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 3

My mom stuck random cuttings in a pot, not sure which would bloom. So I think I have two varieties in one pot.

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 4

The red cereus just had one bloom.

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 5

On May 13th, pink cereus continued to bloom.

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 6

I might have gone a bit overboard taking so many pictures of the same blossom from different angles.

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 7

But can you blame me when I only get a few blooms a year?

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 8

I like the subtle stripes on this blossom on May 17th.

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 9

Several blooms in one day!

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 10

It only lasts a day before it wilts.

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 11

Also in the garden, my potted amaryllis budded on May 12th.

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 12

And finally bloomed on the 21st.

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 13

It was a purchase after Target's Christmas clearance years ago.

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 14

I'm growing tomatoes for the second year in a row in my kiddie pool raised garden bed.

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 15

And one in a pot to see if I can get more than just a handful of tomatoes.

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 16

My lilac looks sad. It doesn't like being potted.

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 17

One solitary bloom from Angel Face rose.

5.24 Pink Night-Blooming Cereuses, Amaryllis, and Tomatoes 18

Other garden updates.

*****
1 year ago today, Memorial Day barbecue.
2 years ago today, Tacos al Pastor (Mexican Sheperd-style Tacos).
3 years ago today, the first appearance of geraniums in flowerpots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!