Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Old Town White Milk Tea (3 Dalam 1 Teh Tarik)

I've got several Hong Kong cafe posts that I'm just too lazy to get out. The great thing with the Hong Kong cafes in the San Gabriel Valley is their breakfast or afternoon tea specials. For about $5, you get a small entree, sometimes a side or dessert, and a drink. For $5! Unfortunately, the specials are usually between 3 or 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., when everyone is at work.

So I made a quickie Hong Kong cafe-style afternoon tea for one.


Ham and Egg Sandwich and Old Town White Milk Tea


I hope you don't need directions for how to make a ham and egg sandwich. In case you do, you can follow my instructions for how I Make a Scrambled Egg Omelet. Like the tea set? I thought I'd switch it up a bit since you've seen my willow teacups one too many times. This was part of the tea set my youngest aunt gave me for my birthday.

And of course, no afternoon tea would be complete without my standard milk tea. I opted to try Old Town White Milk Tea (3 Dalam 1 Teh Tarik), 12 sticks for $5.79 on Asian Supermarket 365. The ingredients: Creamer (Glucose Syrup, Palm Kernel Oil, Sodium Caseinate, Permitted Stabilizers (E340, E452i) & Emulsifiers (E471, E472e), Anticaking Agent (E551), Sugar & Instant Tea.

The flavor was smooth, milky tea. I couldn't decide whether I liked this better or the Aik Cheong Milk Tea (Teh Tarik). Both taste great so you can't go wrong with either choice.

Please refer back to my Terrible Twos post to see the other items I've tried. I also added an asterisk to products that I've reviewed and really liked in case you were trying to decide what to purchase.

The folks at Asian Supermarket 365 have nicely extended their 3% discount to Wandering Chopsticks readers, just enter code "WC30708M" at checkout. Expiration date is August 31, 2008.

*****
1 year ago today, a neverending parade of Brazilian barbecued meats at Fogo de Chao - Beverly Hills.

9 comments:

  1. I like Aik Cheong better. Think it is stronger? but hey... coffee works for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daphne,
    I'm kinda leaning more towards Aik Cheong, but this was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know, I've never made a ham and egg sandwich! I have some ham just defrosted (left over from Easter) and this sounds terrific. I've never had milk tea, but it sounds quite good. Interesting that their ingredient listing is for Europe/Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both Aik Cheong and Old Town are good but I think Old Town is a more popular brand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like your plate and cup, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikki,
    Never had a ham and egg sandwich? Really? It's so common to me. Asian milk tea usually has condensed milk instead of regular milk.

    tt,
    It's hard to decide because I liked both! :)

    t,
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking at the tittle "old town white...etc", it just reminds me of the Malaysia's white coffee. it is just splendid! smells so good. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ironeaters,
    I have a packet of Old Town white coffee too. Will have to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What exactly is white milk tea and is it different than regular milk tea?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!