Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Saturday, January 30, 2010

2006 Recipes: Picture Index


2006 Recipes Picture Index

More lists. I've long wanted to have thumbnail images of each of my recipes. But since I have to manually cut and paste each link, in alphabetical order, into my recipe index, and considering there are now more than 400 recipes, it gets a little unfeasible. So, this is a picture index of all the recipes I've posted for that year, in chronological order. A picture menu for you, a visual reminder for me?

When I get caught up, other years will be added to the Recipes: Picture Indexes page.


2006 Recipes with Pictures

OCTOBER
Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup) 1Pho Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup)
Sour Cream Apple Pie 1Sour Cream Apple Pie

NOVEMBER
Goi Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Salad) 1Goi Ga (Vietnamese Chicken Salad)
Coq Au Vin (French Chicken with Wine) 6Coq au Vin (French Chicken with Wine)
Pumpkin Penne 1Pumpkin Penne
New England Clam Chowder 2New England Clam Chowder
Turkey Tetrazzini 1Turkey Tetrazzini

DECEMBER
Doughnut Bread Pudding 13Doughnut Bread Pudding
Loofah and Shrimp Stir-fryMuop Tom Xao (Vietnamese Loofah and Shrimp Stir-fry)
Salt, Pepper, Lemon Basic Baked Organic Chicken 1Salt, Pepper, Lemon Basic Baked Chicken
Banh Kem Dua (Vietnamese Coconut Flan) 1Banh Kem Dua (Vietnamese Coconut Flan)
Chili 1Chili
Insalata CapreseInsalata Caprese (Italian Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella Salad)
Sweet Corn Tomalito 8Sweet Corn Tomalito
Cinnamon Rolls 5Cinnamon Rolls

*****
1 year ago today, Elite Restaurant (Dim Sum) - Monterey Park.
2 years ago today, broken rice dishes at Com Tam Thuan Kieu Vietnamese Restaurant - San Gabriel (Valley Blvd.).
3 years ago today, dim sum at Mission 261 - San Gabriel.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I am so excited to have found your blog. I teach Vietnamese bilingual, but can cook very little Vietnamese food. My mother didn't teach me how to do much besides fry eggrolls, devein shrimp and cook rice. I've always felt that it was a shame that I grew up a recipe follower because I couldn't make any authentic Vietnamese food besides fried rice.
    I love how your recipes use mostly ingredients that I already have and aren't crazy complicated with hours of work. I'm inspired to start learning to cook more Viet food, and am truly grateful to you for sharing your knowledge. I hope to make at least 4 Viet dishes per week. We shall see! Thank you so much!
    Mary
    PS. On your FAQs, someone asked how to pronounce Pho. I usually tell people it's like Fun without the "n". Pho is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    It seems to be something I hear quite often. No one's Vietnamese mama apparently taught them how to cook. Only some of the soups require work and that's more the time needed to cook than anything else.

    I usually tell people pho is your friend, not your foe so don't pronounce it that way. :P

    Good luck and do let me know if you try any recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!