Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Friday, January 29, 2010

Ask Wandering Chopsticks 5

Gosh! Has it been five months since I started my open question period? Crazy! How come time goes by so quickly?!

This photo hasn't been doctored in any way. The gloaming yesterday really was that gorgeous. A few minutes after I snapped some shots, the sky turned deep blue and then night.

Gloaming

Hmm. Let's see. In terms of announcements, I've been updating my lists so if you've wondered which recipes have been the most popular each year, they're now compiled on my "Recipes: Best of" page. Memorable dining out posts can be found on "Restaurants: Best of." 2009 entries will be added when I'm caught up.

I've slowly been adding thumbnail pictures to my Vietnamese Recipes page since that seems to be what people want. *Sigh.* Such a pain! I hope ya'll appreciate it!


Just one more post to add, but for those of you who don't want to miss a thing or like to read the posts in the order I originally intended, January 2009 is almost caught up.

I'm hosting this month's Weekend Wokking and the secret ingredient is the CHILI PEPPER so if you have a recipe to share, please do!

Tonight's weird search terms to get to the blog?

"How to get rid of the smell of rice paper wrappers?"

Huh? Rice paper doesn't smell!

and

"Is blood orange a grapefruit?"

Umm, no. Hence, the name blood ORANGE. :P

Aren't you glad I cleared that up? Sooo... Got a recipe question? Restaurant question? Just want to say, "Hi?"

Did you miss Ask Wandering Chopsticks 1? Go there if you did. Or click on the "Ask Wandering Chopsticks" tag below for previous editions. Otherwise, what's on your mind? You have until 11:59 p.m. Sunday, January 31.

*****
1 year ago today, Sea Harbour Seafood Restaurant (Dim Sum) - Rosemead.
2 years ago today, Thit Heo Kho Dau Hu (Vietnamese Braised Pork with Tofu).
3 years ago today, one of my favorite broken rice restaurants, Da Nang Com Tam Tran Quy Cap - Westminster (Little Saigon) and one of my most popular recipes, cha gio (Vietnamese egg rolls).

4 comments:

  1. Time flies by too quickly these days :(. Weekends seem to go by so fast!

    I'm going to write about Elite now due to your post on it. I'm such a copycat for the last three posts- people write the same thing I do before I do or after I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ETE,
    Seems like I never have time for anything! There are only so many places and the same ones are popular so there's bound to be overlap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rice paper do have a faint smell. maybe you don't realize it since you grew up with it but to first timers it has this smell that is not that great. one reason why i use to dislike spring rolls. now i LOVE it. i think it has to do with particular brands. the cheaper ones or the one with the red rose or flower smells a lil more than other brands. I personally like the three lady brand after you mention in your blog how you like their products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soph1aa,
    Rice paper really shouldn't smell unless you think rice smells since it's just made from rice flour and water. If it does smell, then it's a bad brand.

    I just another package of Three Ladies rice paper in fact!

    ReplyDelete