Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Monday, January 11, 2010

Best of: Top 10 Recipes of 2008

I've been tidying up things around the blog. Still have a lot of catching up to do.

When I originally created my "Best of" lists of recipes for 2006 and 2007, they were created arbitrarily. Luckily, I finally managed to figure out how to add Google Analytics earlier this year. When strolling through tonight, I checked out the "drill down." So I went through each year, then wrote down the top recipes and the number of hits each recipe received in order to compile this list.

How do I know people love lists? Because, even though it's not a recipe, my

Vietnamese Top 100 Foods to Try 1100 Vietnamese Foods to Try list garnered 16,505 hits.

So here you go, my

Top 10 Recipes of 2008

The recipes are presented in order of which one is most popular. The numbers behind the recipe represent how many page views each recipe received from May 24, 2009 up to tonight.

This is purely meant for fun, in case you wanted to see which recipes are popular with others too. I was actually pretty surprised with some of the results. For instance, I knew my Bun Bo Hue (Vietnamese Hue-Style Beef Noodle Soup) was popular because I get hits for it every day, but I didn't expect my Bun Thit Heo Nuong Tom Cha Gio (Vietnamese Rice Vermicelli Noodles with Grilled Pork, Shrimp, and Egg Rolls) to be #2. Go figure.

*****

*****

Are any of your favorites on the list? Or are any of your favorites not on the list?

Not top ten, but more of my favorite recipes can be found in "Best of: Top 11 to 20 Recipes of 2008."

*****
1 year ago today, Pho Minh Vietnamese Restaurant - South El Monte.
2 years ago today, Taqueria Chihuahua - Los Angeles (Mar Vista).
3 years ago today, I reminisced about the beginning of my culinary wanderings with Fessenjan(Persian Walnut Pomegranate-Glazed Cornish Game Hens), and waxed poetic about the gloaming.

4 comments:

  1. I love that you're still on 2008! It makes me feel better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!

    What a wonderful list of dishes. I was drooling at every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of these dishes :). I'm still catching up with my posts. Too many to write about, too little time!

    My recipe posts are not as popular as yours, but Weekend Wokking certainly increased the number of hits on my sesame rice ball post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WeeMo,
    I still have to do November 2007! :P

    Cooking Ninja,
    Happy New Year to you too!

    ETE,
    I'm trying not to eat out as much so that I have a chance to catch up. It's great that WW helped increase your hits. I love rice ball dessert. My sister's friend's mother made some with black sesame paste a few weeks ago. They were sooo good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!