Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Gloaming

On my way downstairs to cook dinner tonight, I caught a glimpse of this outside my staircase window. I raced outside with my camera, but the view just wasn't the same from ground level. As day faded into night, my pagoda lights glowed, welcoming me back inside.
Gloaming, a Middle English word used by the Scots to describe twilight. But why say twilight when the word gloaming hints at the magic as daylight fades and before night descends?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!