Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Monday, January 08, 2007

Thai Nakorn Burned Down

Thai Nakorn, one of my favorite Thai restaurants in Garden Grove, burned down late last night! Read the article here. Sniffle. Read Elmo's wonderful review here. I guess it'll have to serve as a tribute until Thai Nakorn can relocate or reopen. I wrote a little more about it at OC Food Blogs here. January 28, 2007 update: Thai Nakorn fans can now rejoice. The owners will rebuild, but don't know where or when yet. Read the rest of what I wrote for OC Food Blogs here.

10 comments:

  1. Oh no, that's terrible! That place has been on my "list" for a while...hopefully they'll return better than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kirk,
    I know! :( I kept meaning to go so I could do a review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omigosh! was thai nakorn at a different location before? i think i've been there but not sure. that is sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. WC,

    Do me a favor, please, and put the news up on OC Food Blogs. I think we should observe a moment of silence for our old friend.

    - Chubbypanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Budding Cook,
    Yes, it used to be in Buena Park.

    Hi Bill, Elmo, CP, RM,
    Sniffle. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been there then. It use to be near Knott's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New location:

    Thai Nakorn
    11951 Beach Blvd.
    Stanton, CA 90680
    714-799-2013

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon,
    Thanks! I had moved the discussion off to OC Food Blogs and forgot to update my own blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!