Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Best of 2006 Roses

Ouch! Ouch! I just did a hard pruning of my roses to get them ready for the winter. I've got a few blooms on my Iceberg rose bush, but otherwise they're all overgrown and thorny. Here are some of them in all their glory from the past year. Guess which ones are my favorites?

If you're in California, January is the month to stock up on bareroot roses for only about $2 at the home improvement stores. Or wait a few months like I did last year and you can buy clearance bareroot roses, fruit trees, lilacs, and wisteria for less than $5.

Ambassador

Angelface

Autumn Sunset Climbing

Donna Darlin'

Double Delight

Duet

Granada

Iceberg

Paradise

Paul Ecke Jr.

Peace

Scentimental

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you sure have a green thumb, WC. Those roses are beautiful....I'm partial to the Grenada and Double Delight, though the Duet looks like it could float on air! Which is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirk,

    I like Double Delight because of the wonderful colors and because the bloom lasts for about 2 weeks. Paul Ecke Jr's colors are unreal in person too. And Scentimental's stripes are so unusual. And well, I just love them all for different reasons. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!