Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Monday, January 22, 2007

Gelateria Naia - Berkeley

Gelato! Need I say more? How 'bout I just show you instead? Imagine three cases of this to choose from.


Strawberries, chocolate, blueberry, pumpkin, rose, espresso, oh, too many to list. Gelato is much richer and denser in flavor than ice cream, while also lower in fat. Gelateria Naia makes small artisanal batches every day so everything tastes fresh. They also make sorbetto and soy gelato.

You can get it on a cone, or split the flavors into a small bowl. The smallest size is $3.25, or so if I remember correctly. So a little pricey for the size, but evened out by the high quality of the ingredients. And a perfect cleanser after a sushi dinner.

I chose Asian pear and prickly cactus. The prickly cactus flavor was reminiscent of dragonfruit. The two flavors were so refreshing, it was like biting straight into the fruit. A little too sweet though. I couldn't finish even my tiny bowl.

Gelateria Naia (various locations)
2106 Shattuck Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94704
510-883-1568

8 comments:

  1. Bill,
    It's the last one. I'll be back to my regular schedule of home-cooking and SoCal spots you can drive to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill,
    I didn't blog about these places until after I got back. :)

    And forget Fisherman's Wharf, my clam chowder is tons better. http://wanderingchopsticks.blogspot.com/2006/11/new-england-clam-chowder-one-of-things.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need to imagine with such tasty pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw CP,
    And I was thinking my food pictures kinda sucked. Not clear enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goddd, WC :PP Yes, I want the sour dough bread bowl with clam chowder or no, wait, I want the lobster bisque toooooooo :P Must be cold there ya ?
    Take care, cheers ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melting Wok,
    Lobster bisque. I've always felt it's such a waste of lobster meat. And I do love my crustaceans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!