Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sauteed Bok Choy with Garlic

Right after lil' sis's best friend finished making the Fried Rice with Chinese Sausage, Eggs, and Lettuce, I decided we might as well cook the bok choy since it was already on the counter.

Quick and easy.

As if you really needed a recipe!

Bok Choy Sauteed with Garlic 1


Sauteed Bok Choy with Garlic

You'll need:
1 bunch of bok choy or baby bok choy, separated and washed
3 cloves garlic, finely minced

Separate and clean the bok choy. You can cut them into 2-inch sections if you wish, or just leave them whole.

Finely mince 3 cloves, or more, of garlic.

In a wok or pan on high heat, drizzle a bit of oil and add garlic. The garlic should quickly soften, stir so it doesn't burn.

Add bok choy and toss until just wilted and bok choy is crisp-tender, or longer if you wish.

Bok Choy Sauteed with Garlic 2

That's it! Sprinkle a bit of salt if you wish. I like my veggie side dishes to be quick and easy since there's already so much flavor in the meat dishes.

Bok Choy Sauteed with Garlic 3

Enjoy!

The other dishes served at this dinner:
Chinese Spare Ribs with Coca Cola and Soy Sauce
Chinese Tomato Egg Shrimp Stir-Fry
Fried Rice with Chinese Sausage, Eggs, and Lettuce

*****
1 year ago today, Chicken Piccata.
2 years ago today, Tiramisu with Japanese Matcha Green Tea.

7 comments:

  1. lol are u running out of recipes to share with us? :)

    it looks good! i eat that every single night....either sauteed bok choy, mustard greens, water cress..and other asian greens i dont know what im eating lolss

    have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. Instead of a bit of salt, I'd drizzle some oyster sauce over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I didn't know how to make this! :) Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually put a bit more garlic as well as some water, but other then that it's pretty much the same :). Oh, and I also cut off the ends of the bok choy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and delicious! It doesn't get any better than this! I cold eat sauteed bok choy every night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is one of my favs to cook at home. so quick and easy and oh soooo good! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann,
    Haha. No. Just lazy about posting on some days. :)

    Dragonkiri,
    Yup! I do that too.

    Cristina,
    What? Liar!

    ETE,
    Haha. There's only so many ways to saute greens, right? I usually cut off the ends too, but the boys did the plucking and cooking this night.

    Susan,
    I should eat this every night, but I have bad eating habits.

    Anhesty,
    You're welcome! Such as it is. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!