Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Pinkberry - Pasadena (Old Town)

So what did lil' sis have her eye on for dessert after our dinner at Mi Piace? Pinkberry! I know, surely you're sick of reading about Pinkberry by now. If you missed the whole fro-yo craze, read my post on Pinkberry - Los Angeles (Koreatown). In case you didn't know, the Pasadena location is now open on Fair Oaks Avenue, just around the corner from Cheesecake Factory. There's just two tables inside so it's really not a good location for lingering. But that's fine because most people would probably opt to walk around Old Town with their fro-yo anyway. Lil' sis got a medium original with mochi, raspberries, and kiwi for $4.95. I got the medium original with mochi, mango, and lychee. Yup, lychee is their new ingredient available just this summer. Although, I only got three lychees, and they were canned, and they looked like sushi. Don't know what a lychee is? This is what fresh lychees look like. My oldest uncle's sister-in-law has a lychee tree and she shared with his family, and he shared with the rest of us. I had forgotten how firm, white, and sweet freshly picked lychees could taste. Most of the ones you get at the market here are picked before ripeness and they're not nearly as vibrant in color or taste. Other posts about Old Town Pasadena: Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - Pasadena (Old Town) Gyu-Kaku Japanese BBQ Dining - Pasadena (Old Town) Mi Piace - Pasadena (Old Town) Old Pasadena Film Festival - Pasadena (Old Town) Pinkberry 19 S. Fair Oaks Ave. Pasadena, CA 91105 626-744-0505

8 comments:

  1. Looks great, it's nice to see fresh fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I really didn't like lychee but that fresh one looks damn good! Perhaps I'll give it another go...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hillary,
    Unless they're really fresh, you're probably better off trying lychees from the can. I hope you like them the second time around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lychees look like raw prawns!! We don't have Pinkberry here :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. W&S,
    Yeah, not very fresh huh? Pinkberry is only in SoCal and NYC for now, I think. They're not a big corporation yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I saw Pinkberry all over NYC. Haven't seen them in Europe (yet...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy,
    Now frozen yogurt is oversaturated and they've started closing. Guess it was inevitable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!