Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Thursday, September 18, 2008

BLT (Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato) Sandwich

While a BLT (Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato) sandwich is good at any time, it's especially good during the summer with fresh tomatoes off the vine. Take advantage of tomato season before it's completely gone.


BLT Sandwich


BLT (Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato) Sandwich

For one sandwich, you'll need:
2 slices of bread, lightly toasted
4 slices of bacon, fried
1 Romaine lettuce leaf, or any other lettuce of your choosing
1 tomato, sliced
As much mayonnaise as you'd like

Lightly toast two slices of bread and set aside.

Fry four slices of bacon in a pan. Remove the bacon slices and set on paper towels to absorb excess grease. Pour out most of the bacon grease, reserving a light coating in the bottom of the pan. Then lightly pan-fry one side of each slice of bread in the bacon grease. That's right. I said it. You're already getting plenty of fat with this sandwich, so I'm just adding to that. Fat = flavor. So fry one side of each slice of bread in that bacon fat.

Then slightly schmear mayonnaise on each slice of bread. Add bacon, lettuce, and tomato slices.

Enjoy!

*****
1 year ago today, Sinh To Nha Dam (Vietnamese Aloe Vera Shake).

2 comments:

  1. I like to add sliced avocado. And a fried egg with runny yolk if I'm feeling really decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki,
    A BLAT! Yes! I will surely keep that in mind. But adding a fried egg? Oh, I think my heart would give one last BLEAT before dying on me. I know. I'm cheesy. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!