Home | Directory | Contact | FAQ | Recipes | Restaurants | Vietnamese Recipes | 100 Vietnamese Foods | Subscribe

Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Year of the Ox!

Happy Year of the Ox! (I need to get this out before the Year of the Tiger sneaks upon us...)

The 2007 Lunar New Year post where I mentioned that I loved how banks in California offered red money envelopes.

Happy Year of the Ox 1

My haul of banh tet (Vietnamese sticky rice cakes), pomelos, and sesame candy from oldest uncle, youngest uncle, and youngest aunt.

Happy Year of the Ox 2

Happy Year of the Ox 3

Lap xuong (Chinese sausage) from Quang Tran, Inc. - Rosemead, my family's preferred brand. And banh nam (Vietnamese steamed flat rice dumplings with shrimp and pork) from youngest aunt.

Happy Year of the Ox 4

Previous Lunar New Year posts:
2008 Year of the Rat
2007 Year of the Pig

*****
1 year ago today, Tom Rang Muoi (Vietnamese Shrimp Fried with Salt).
2 years ago today, Murgh Makhani (Indian Butter Chicken).

4 comments:

  1. i thought 2010 is the year of the tiger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABC,
    2010 is the year of the tiger. It doesn't start until February. Hence why I said I wanted to get this post up before the year of the tiger begins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yea! you are right! i totally didn't think of that. thanks for clarifying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABC,
    Ha! Since I'm about a year behind in my blog posts, the confusion is understandable. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I try to respond in a timely manner, but am not always able to do so. If you're awaiting a response, check the post in which the comment is made or click the "Notify me" option.

If you're not a blogger and you'd like to leave a comment, you can do so using your Google/Gmail account.

I welcome questions, discussions, and feedback, but please be mindful that this is my home online. I reserve the right to delete any comment that is anonymous or unknown, rude, promotional, or has a link.

Thank you for reading!